Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Edmonton and Winnipeg

Edmonton and Winnipeg

Old Jul 11th 2008, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Edmonton and Winnipeg

Flood maps are good.

I see on the canadian climate website that between 19 Nov and 10 Mar there was only one day when the temp in Winnipeg went above freezing. Is that really correct? I remember reports a while ago saying the winter was looking like it would be the most severe for quite a few years. Does that sound right also?
Old Jul 11th 2008, 4:33 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf
Flood maps are good.

I see on the canadian climate website that between 19 Nov and 10 Mar there was only one day when the temp in Winnipeg went above freezing. Is that really correct? I remember reports a while ago saying the winter was looking like it would be the most severe for quite a few years. Does that sound right also?
It was a particularly cold winter this year, its quite funny because after a while living here you begin to think that -10c is quite warm, I kid you not.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 4:39 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Strangely enough the coldest winter days can be the nicest, -30c, Sunny with no Wind, is quite simply gorgeous, the air is clean and fresh, the sun is bright (you need sunglasses a lot during winter), and the snow crunches under foot.

The colder the day in winter usually means a bright blue sky and sunshine.

Any wind though and it just cuts right through you, if you are out and about.

Last edited by MB-Realtor; Jul 11th 2008 at 4:41 pm.