Easiest/Cheapest way to Transfer funds between UK & Canada

Easiest/Cheapest way to Transfer funds between UK & Canada

Old Dec 16th 2011, 2:34 am
Just Joined

YVRTOLHR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Easiest/Cheapest way to Transfer funds between UK & Canada

Originally Posted by Hydraman
I use PayPal.
Honestly I don't really know if that is the most efficient way to transfer money from the UK but I started using it when I was desperate to transfer money from my bank accounts in UK to Canada and because of the convenience I have stuck with it.

I have a PayPal account registered in the UK and linked to my UK bank account. I registered another PayPal account here in Canada and linked that to my Canada bank account.

When I need money from the UK I simply send myself funds using my UK PayPal account to my Canada PayPal account.

Using my UK PayPal account for the transfer is an instant transfer from my UK bank account to my Canada PayPal account.

I then log out of my UK PayPal account and then log in to my Canada PayPal account and transfer the money from the PayPal account into my Canada bank account.

The first time I transferred money from my PayPal account into my Canada bank account it took about 4 days for the cash to clear but now it takes about 2 to 3 days.

I have not checked it but I don't think the difference in costs compared to other forms of money transfer is that much, plus I get the convenience of doing everything at my desk.
Hydraman would you give me an example of how much of a fee you're charged using your UK & Canadian paypal accounts to transfer money?
Old Dec 16th 2011, 4:40 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

We have found TorFX good - they are fast, efficient and easy to deal with.
We have moved money from Canada to the UK and UK to Canada this way.

Now we are getting close to moving our house proceeds to Canada from UK and we will use them again for this large transaction.

Tony Redondo is our contact there and he is great to deal with.
I recommend giving them a call and finding out what they can do for you.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 9:57 am
Just Joined

nouveau-canadian is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi YVRTOLHR,

I'm also looking at the safest, quickest (and not expensive) way to transfer money from the UK to Canada, and have come across a relatively new service being offered by Travelex.

The general gist is that for 99p you can send up to £2500 (or local currency equivalent) using your UK debit card to any account elsewhere in the world. I've used Travelex for currency on numerous occasions and have found their service to be very good.

From what I can tell there are no restrictions on number of transactions might be worth a look: http://www.travelex.co.uk/uk/send-money-now.aspx