Dreaming of Trucks

Wikiposts

Dreaming of Trucks

Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:26 am
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dreaming of Trucks

Originally Posted by Stuarty
You must have been talking to the better half, she said almost exactly that. Still, I am working my way through my not insignificant stash of wine and whisky prior to heading over so the dreams are surreal but can't find them on the dreamsite. Another sherry vicar, don't mind if I do.
In the meantime, here is a piccy for you from my last holiday....
Attached Thumbnails Dreaming of Trucks-banff-truck-15-10-2005-01-55-43.jpg  
Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yonk
In the meantime, here is a piccy for you from my last holiday....
Great minds Yonk.......Great minds. Was that the Lariat spec one?
S
Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:49 am
Just Joined

safecell is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what you can call a truck!!!!
http://www.internationaldelivers.com...Family/cxt.asp
Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by safecell
This is what you can call a truck!!!!
http://www.internationaldelivers.com...Family/cxt.asp
Could be a garage issue but absolutely sure it would be a wife issue!

Last edited by Stuarty; Jul 25th 2006 at 9:53 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 25th 2006, 11:18 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Great minds Yonk.......Great minds. Was that the Lariat spec one?
S

Ahh thats an F250 (of F350). Now we're talking serious truck. V10 Petrol or 6.0L v8 diesel. Beloved of Albertans. Here driven by the few richer fishermen and building contractors.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 2:27 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Ahh thats an F250 (of F350). Now we're talking serious truck. V10 Petrol or 6.0L v8 diesel. Beloved of Albertans. Here driven by the few richer fishermen and building contractors.
Just remember that the suspension on the HD trucks is even less friendly than on a consumer truck like an F150 or Silverado, so it will be pretty harsh unless you are towing a huge trailer or have 2 tons of drywall in the back to compress it to the point it was designed for.

Then again in Alberta the bouncyness is probably good practice for bull riding or something, and it will help increase your pain tollerance levels
Old Jul 26th 2006, 8:17 am
dbd
Forum Regular

dbd has a spectacular aura aboutdbd has a spectacular aura aboutdbd has a spectacular aura about

Last night I drove a GMC 3500 Crew Cab with the monster diesel. We took it to the rodeo (admission $8 each or $20 for the truckload). We had trouble finding it in the parking lot afterward because everyone takes something like that to the rodeo.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dbd
Last night I drove a GMC 3500 Crew Cab with the monster diesel. We took it to the rodeo (admission $8 each or $20 for the truckload). We had trouble finding it in the parking lot afterward because everyone takes something like that to the rodeo.
I am so going to fit in.........................
Has anybody tried the Toyota Tundra or the Nissan Titan as they seem to be serious trucks size wise. Is their rear suspension as stiff as the 250 and 350's? Have I totally lost the plot
Stuarty
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:57 am
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Has anybody tried the Toyota Tundra or the Nissan Titan as they seem to be serious trucks size wise. Is their rear suspension as stiff as the 250 and 350's? Have I totally lost the plot
Stuarty
Pah Pansies trucks. What you really need is one of these

I've driven the F150 and it was a nice drive. Felt more of a car than a truck, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing! But I was dwarfed by an F350 (called Jaws!) which was higher than Barrymore at a pool party
Prefer SUVs myself, but there are some really nice trucks around.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 11:06 am
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Stuarty
Ok, so all I did on my hols was take pictures of trucks...this one was because our hire car was a Dodge Grand Caravan in which you could leave the front seat and take a jog to the back for exercise and it was dwarfed by this truck.

Saw a really little woman get up to and then drive off in this huge truck, pic doesn't get the scale.
Attached Thumbnails Dreaming of Trucks-dscf0031.jpg   Dreaming of Trucks-dscf0032.jpg  
Old Jul 26th 2006, 12:21 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Stuarty

Well your well judged comments on Kyoto on another thread sit ill with your desire for a big truck But I feel your pain.

F150 IMHO is pretty 'car like' inside and handles better than Ram1500. Not driven the GMC equivalent so dunno about that. The Heavy Duty trucks, F250-350, Ram2500 etc will have less comfortable suspension. The Nissan Titan looks cool but no idea how it drives. Actually the smaller Frontier is probably the best bet if you want a truck without going large. The Toyota Tundra looks a bit dated IMHO. Fact of the matter will remain that the big 3 will alway be cheaper than the Toyota/Nissan.

If I were in the market to try a truck for a while and I was in mainland Canada I would try something through leasebusters for sure.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Well your well judged comments on Kyoto on another thread sit ill with your desire for a big truck But I feel your pain.

F150 IMHO is pretty 'car like' inside and handles better than Ram1500. Not driven the GMC equivalent so dunno about that. The Heavy Duty trucks, F250-350, Ram2500 etc will have less comfortable suspension. The Nissan Titan looks cool but no idea how it drives. Actually the smaller Frontier is probably the best bet if you want a truck without going large. The Toyota Tundra looks a bit dated IMHO. Fact of the matter will remain that the big 3 will alway be cheaper than the Toyota/Nissan.

If I were in the market to try a truck for a while and I was in mainland Canada I would try something through leasebusters for sure.
Yeh AX but in the other thread I wasn't dreamin about trucks, I was winding up Americans. My only defence is that I have been desperately searching for a diesel truck and I don't mean one with a 6ltr Cummins engine. Unfortunately they don't seem to exist. The Scotsman in me will eventually refuse to consider any vehicle that does 10mpg and as such I am doomed to drive nothing bigger than a V6 so a crossover Truck/SUv or a SUV is more likely. Any recommendations of SUv's ....sob
S.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 11:42 pm
Slightly Canadian

Yeh AX but in the other thread I wasn't dreamin about trucks, I was winding up Americans. My only defence is that I have been desperately searching for a diesel truck and I don't mean one with a 6ltr Cummins engine. Unfortunately they don't seem to exist. The Scotsman in me will eventually refuse to consider any vehicle that does 10mpg and as such I am doomed to drive nothing bigger than a V6 so a crossover Truck/SUv or a SUV is more likely. Any recommendations of SUv's ....sob
S.
Yeah again I hear you. I'd like to drive a FO truck but the fuel consumption means that I likely never will. You could check out the mid size trucks - Nissan Frontier, Toyota Tacoma, Dodge Dakota, GM Canyon. These are about UK Hilux/Navarra size albeit with 3.5v6 engines rather than diesels. Only small diesel SUV is Jeep Liberty (Cherokee in UK) CRD 2.8. I'd recommend this but as I have just walked over from the garage dropping off my petrol liberty for yet another piece of warranty work (it's only 18mths old!) I struggle here.

The Honda Ridgeline might be worth a look. More of a cross over truck and still pretty big. SUV wise, I like the look of Nissan Pathfinder & would also seriously look at the Kia Sorrento which is a) cheap and b) looks ok and c) supposed to have a pretty good reliability record.

AX
Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

hudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Calgal
Hey iaink - at that consumption I'd rather have an RS4.......which has JUST come to Canada, btw!!
I agree I owned A4 Quattro in Canada. I think the RS4 audi would be much more fun than an F150 truck especially in winter. Also the new Mini has a better safety rating as the F150. Its cheap for a reason? Who wants a truck that does less than 20 mpg and the sort of mileage you do in Canada do need your own oil well too.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:50 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hudd
. Also the new Mini has a better safety rating as the F150.
Ask yourself which would you rather be in a Mini vs F150 collision.

Remember, safety ratings are not absolute, but relate to "in class" performance, and the laws of physics are absolute. Mass wins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.