Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Don't Trash the UK!

Don't Trash the UK!

Old Nov 4th 2008, 6:47 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't Trash the UK!

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Mexico isn't nice, you get a lot of Canadian trash down there. France is nice. Spain isn't very.

But, n-o-t if you live in Canada.

Among other points. One of which is you have no clue.

Welcome to the club, bonehead. I live in Canada, I quite like it here. I'm not overly attached to it. I'm leaving when I retire. To live in Europe. Because I miss the architecture. And other aspects of European culture.

<what's this thread about again?>
Firstly Mexico is very nice, France not very and Spain well I live here so kind of indifferent on that.

Seems that quite often, a lot of your posts are quite limited in general. Basically I think its a case of you being afraid to commit yourself either way. Especially with DBD ready to whip your butt. Seems like you are something of a fence sitter.

Just because your not attached to it and prefer Europe that is your choice. What has any of this got to do with somebody that wants to go and live in
Canada permanently. Unless of course they are particuarly into architecture or are thinking of retiring there etc.

As for what this thread is about? Well people like you making bonehead comments like the above.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 6:52 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I think you just reiterated my point. Cradle Canadians tend to know only about their own lives. Those lives don't extend very far.
These cradle Canadians as you say that I know, may just know their own lives etc but from what I can see they lead pretty good lives and I wouldn`t say they were particuarly well off either. So I think how they live is very attainable.

If I wanted to know more about wordly stuff etc then I probably wouldn`t be looking for their advice. Its very much a case of horses for courses etc
Old Nov 4th 2008, 6:54 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

I think you just reiterated my point. Cradle Canadians tend to know only about their own lives. Those lives don't extend very far.
I suspect if you go into the average household in the UK and ask a few general knowledge / current affairs questions you would be equally shocked at the lack of awareness about what goes on outside. Prepare for a sweeping statements:
  • 70% of people don't care too much about anything outside their own lives. They go to work to earn money to pay the bills and buy some holidays in the sun
  • 20% of people like to do a good job and actively want to be thought of as a good worker/ colleague etc. They may stay a little later, come in early, work hard and read the paper (serious bits) and save for their retirement and children.
  • The top 10% go out to be better. They work hard, study and have a high level of awareness and want to succeed and want people to see their achievement. My advice is just make yourself LOOK like you are in this top 10% and you will do fine
Don't forget we are generally a self selected group of know it alls, who keep track on what's going on just so we cannot get caught out on here
Old Nov 4th 2008, 6:55 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Firstly Mexico is very nice, France not very and Spain well I live here so kind of indifferent on that.

Seems that quite often, a lot of your posts are quite limited in general. Basically I think its a case of you being afraid to commit yourself either way. Especially with DBD ready to whip your butt. Seems like you are something of a fence sitter.

Just because your not attached to it and prefer Europe that is your choice. What has any of this got to do with somebody that wants to go and live in
Canada permanently. Unless of course they are particuarly into architecture or are thinking of retiring there etc.

As for what this thread is about? Well people like you making bonehead comments like the above.
Nice kick in the crotch there!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:10 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
I suspect if you go into the average household in the UK and ask a few general knowledge / current affairs questions you would be equally shocked at the lack of awareness about what goes on outside. Prepare for a sweeping statements:
  • 70% of people don't care too much about anything outside their own lives. They go to work to earn money to pay the bills and buy some holidays in the sun
  • 20% of people like to do a good job and actively want to be thought of as a good worker/ colleague etc. They may stay a little later, come in early, work hard and read the paper (serious bits) and save for their retirement and children.
  • The top 10% go out to be better. They work hard, study and have a high level of awareness and want to succeed and want people to see their achievement. My advice is just make yourself LOOK like you are in this top 10% and you will do fine
Don't forget we are generally a self selected group of know it alls, who keep track on what's going on just so we cannot get caught out on here
I agree with what you say. My point is that, if you want to know about Canada, don't ask someone born here.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:13 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

I agree with what you say. My point is that, if you want to know about Canada, don't ask someone born here.
So if you want to know about the UK maybe you should ask an immigrant there?
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:14 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I only looked at this thread to see if Jules was still going at since this morning and I see that he still is !
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:15 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
As you well know, I have never purchased a Honda Element. Bloody dykemobile.
You know you want to.

So, are you enjoying all this attention or is it tiresome ?

R.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:16 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I only looked at this thread to see if Jules was still going at since this morning and I see that he still is !
Long day in the office innit.............Should be going home within the hour or so though
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:18 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

He's quite the scatterbrained bunny, he zigs past the topic this way, he zags past it that way, untroubled by inconsistency, unruffled by incoherence, on and on he goes. Speedballs, I suppose.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
You know you want to.

So, are you enjoying all this attention or is it tiresome ?

R.
I post for the adoration.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:20 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Now rearrange these words...

"in depth and lacking character".

R.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:21 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Long day in the office innit.............Should be going home within the hour or so though
I hate "innit".
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:22 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by dbd33
He's quite the scatterbrained bunny, he zigs past the topic this way, he zags past it that way, untroubled by inconsistency, unruffled by incoherence, on and on he goes. Speedballs, I suppose.
Speedballs= Megadeth what a combo
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:26 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

I hate "innit".
Picked the horrible word up from a Greek kebab shop owner in London and it seems to have stuck. See though, that a lot of people use it on here on this forum but agree doesn`t sound very nice. Certainly wouldn`t use it in face to face contact..........Don`t think that sounds right but I am sure you get the gist.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.