Dogs

Old Apr 15th 2013, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

JBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to all
Default Re: Dogs

Originally Posted by merylbaz
we have 3 dogs and a daughter with asthma, she has built up a tolerance and can manage it.
Dogs should be part of the family Couldn't imagine keeping my boys outside
Thats actually good to know as my son gets asthma (although not too bad), always promising to hear of kids building up tolerances

Cheers!
Old Apr 15th 2013, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

merylbaz is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it may be a bit of a shock to the system for your pooches, living outdoors in Perth, to a cznadian winter Dependant on their breed/size.
Yes, my daughter has learnt not to, for example, not to go near her face, with her hands, after stroking the dogs and if we are grooming the dogs, she will sneeze loads lol
If it gets too bad she will take anti allergy medicine
Old Apr 15th 2013, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

JBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to allJBJ14 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by merylbaz
I think it may be a bit of a shock to the system for your pooches, living outdoors in Perth, to a cznadian winter
For us or them

They are Beagles, short hair dogs can't do to well in the cold?
Old Apr 15th 2013, 11:14 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JBJ14
For us or them

They are Beagles, short hair dogs can't do to well in the cold?
If they are short haired I would look into some sort of heating for them or as someone else suggested a dog suite.

I tend to find over time and sometimes with the help of anti histamine that I build up a tolerance and I am ok.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 7:27 pm

fabretti18 is an unknown quantity at this point

If your dogs already are used to outside life in blighty I see no reason why you shouldn't take them with you. Obviously you might need to get a bit inventive for the cold months but others have suggested good solutions to this.
I too have dogs coming with me (5 of them ), although they are working dogs and they've never seen the inside of a house. I'm going to have to think about what's needed for winter too but there's no question of them staying in UK....after all, they help pay the rent

Good luck to you
Old Apr 15th 2013, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to reiterate that if your neighbours don't like it you are stuffed in Calgary when it comes to outside dogs.

Course you could have them debarked, as in the nice little leaflet you get after he first complaint. We didn't even keep ours outdoors and got a complaint for a 3 month old puppy, who was barking at butterflys