Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Doggy advice needed

Doggy advice needed

Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

chrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Doggy advice needed

Originally Posted by Souvenir
No, you're not. I just couldn't resist the word-play. Ignore it.
ok, thanks for clearing that up. Thought u knew something i didnt.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:10 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrisi65
ok, thanks for clearing that up. Thought u knew something i didnt.
I probably do. About something. All I really know about dogs is that ours is as thick as a bag of hammers. An absolute cretin.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

chrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the rough

I probably do. About something. All I really know about dogs is that ours is as thick as a bag of hammers. An absolute cretin.
Bless.. My dog is scared of her own shadow.. God only knows how she will cope out here with bunnies and deers running about in the garden.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:29 pm

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

No, you're not. I just couldn't resist the word-play. Ignore it.
I am seriously worried about some of the members on this site (and please no word play on that as well)
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:33 pm

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

Bless.. My dog is scared of her own shadow.. God only knows how she will cope out here with bunnies and deers running about in the garden.
Oh I wish we were going to get bunnies and deer - we have been told we can expect the odd bear but luckily cougar are a bit of a rarity! But the present owner kindly reassured us that it is okay to shoot on the property
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gloveman
Oh I wish we were going to get bunnies and deer - we have been told we can expect the odd bear but luckily cougar are a bit of a rarity! But the present owner kindly reassured us that it is okay to shoot on the property
Well my partner keeps saying he is getting an airgun, he says its to shoot the rats but im worried he mite hit a bunny by mistake and then I will shoot him..lol
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:56 pm

Oddly enough, our dog is called Shadow. And for the reason you outlined earlier.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Oddly enough, our dog is called Shadow. And for the reason you outlined earlier.
LOL.. ours is called ebony. she is a black, very scared cocker spaniel. Seems to think cus she is black then nothing will notice her.lol
Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:22 pm

LOL.. ours is called ebony. she is a black, very scared cocker spaniel. Seems to think cus she is black then nothing will notice her.lol
Glad to know we don't have the only canine wimp. Shadow is also black (ish) and a mini Schnauzer (whatever). Utter, utter drip. It got stuck under the deck last week and was (a) too stupid to retrace its steps and (b) too stupid or scared to be coaxed out. We had to partly dismantle the deck.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Glad to know we don't have the only canine wimp. Shadow is also black (ish) and a mini Schnauzer (whatever). Utter, utter drip. It got stuck under the deck last week and was (a) too stupid to retrace its steps and (b) too stupid or scared to be coaxed out. We had to partly dismantle the deck.
Oh no.. i see why you think shadow is stupid. Bet that was so annoying. my dog just follows you around constantly... scared to leave your side so i doubt she would do anything like that.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:45 pm

Oh no.. i see why you think shadow is stupid. Bet that was so annoying. my dog just follows you around constantly... scared to leave your side so i doubt she would do anything like that.
It does have its uses. We don't need a burglar alarm, that's for sure. The bloke who sold it to us mentioned that his breed are great watchdogs but utterly hopeless as guard dogs.

And he's a shoe thief.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:02 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

It does have its uses. We don't need a burglar alarm, that's for sure. The bloke who sold it to us mentioned that his breed are great watchdogs but utterly hopeless as guard dogs.

And he's a shoe thief.
We had a mini Schnauzer (a bitch) she was useless as a guard dog (loved 99% of visitors wether she knew them or not) and useless as a watchdog (I think she barked once in her life, the rest of the time she made some wierd whistling type noise).
Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
We had a mini Schnauzer (a bitch) she was useless as a guard dog (loved 99% of visitors wether she knew them or not) and useless as a watchdog (I think she barked once in her life, the rest of the time she made some wierd whistling type noise).
My cocker doesnt bark either. she loves people she knows and licks them to death and for people she doesnt know she hides behind my legs. Crazy dog!!!!
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:05 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

apologies for piggybacking onto this thread, but does anyone know what injections uk dogs will require when reaching Canada?

I know heartworm is a problem in the US, but any others? also, what certificatesof innoculations are required to allow one to import a dog into canada?

Many thanks (and apologies to the OP for butting in )
Old Apr 19th 2007, 3:28 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Covenant
apologies for piggybacking onto this thread, but does anyone know what injections uk dogs will require when reaching Canada?

I know heartworm is a problem in the US, but any others? also, what certificatesof innoculations are required to allow one to import a dog into canada?

Many thanks (and apologies to the OP for butting in )
Our Dog got in with his upto date UK Vacs and a Rabies. BUT some people have had nothing extra done to their dog (Hi Biiiink )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.