Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Dog to canada..again

Dog to canada..again

Old May 7th 2008, 9:41 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Dog to canada..again

right seems like we have a problem.
Zoom has decided to stop flying from manchester to calgary :curse:

We are looking at taking the dog and this was our option, as she would fly in cargo on the same flight.
the only route for zoom would drive 3 hrs to london or 3hrs to glasgow with 3 kids and a dog, so no good.
tried transat, even phoned there cargo and keep getting cut off, so dont know if transat do it or not.
other option go with air canada, ok not bothered about that, but cant speak to them tomorrow and now starting to worry that this is going to be big hassle

Anyone flown from manchester to calgary and how did you do it, if used pet carriers who did you use and how much did you pay.
got the pet carrier

now its sort out her injections, chip and health certificate, vets said no probs and they have done loads before, so its the flight side now, would love her to be on the same flight

Any advise

gill
Old May 7th 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dog to canada..again

Hi Gill

We are flying with Air Canada next week and our Spaniel is on the same flight. They have been really good, so helpful and informative..and reassuring!!!!

We found Air Transat and Zoom were less than helpful and havent had great experiences flying with them in the past, other thing with AC is we get a great luggage allowance.

The vets is easy...have her rabies vaccine and then blood tests done 21 days later....We had Chloes Kennel cough vaccine done also, just in case she has to spend time with other dogs in Cargo..her usual boosters are up to date. We have her passport here ready and waiting and she is booked for her fit to fly cert next monday.

Good luck, if we can help let us know

Julie
Old May 7th 2008, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...75#post6223075

This is a thread I started before about Dogs moving to Canada

Maybe it will help
Old May 7th 2008, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

Hi Gill

We came out with Canadian Affair (Thomas Cook) last summer. The cats could have flown on the same flight as us but they would have had to go as cargo not excess baggage.

In the end we sent them on the Friday flight two days before the boys and I came out (still with Thomas Cook). Darren then met them at this end, to save me the hassle of trying to get the cats to one part of the airport and then us to another part of the airport for the flight.

We used Air Supply Shipping Agents who were very good. Let me know if you want their details and I will root out the paperwork from wherever I filed it!

Lisa
Old May 8th 2008, 9:24 am
Just Joined

birtley will become famous soon enoughbirtley will become famous soon enough

we are flying out of Manchester on the 25th and like yourselves we have a 3 hour trip down to the airport. The boss chose "Transfur" for the dog which seems at the moment to be a good deal (approx £500). We are flying with Thomas Cook and the dog is going cargo.
Old May 8th 2008, 9:57 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Can i ask what type of dog you are shipping?

yeah thomas cook have said "no" we cant ship dogs, seems like they do go on the same plane, but they are employing other deptarments to do it. haaaaaaaa

why dont they make this easier for us, bad enough sorting shipping companys out without the added hassle, wow cant wait to land that side and relax...well for a while..

i will look those up, lisa ill pm you for info, and see if they allow on same flight

Gill
Old May 8th 2008, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Rhodeys
Hi Gill

We are flying with Air Canada next week and our Spaniel is on the same flight. They have been really good, so helpful and informative..and reassuring!!!!

We found Air Transat and Zoom were less than helpful and havent had great experiences flying with them in the past, other thing with AC is we get a great luggage allowance.

The vets is easy...have her rabies vaccine and then blood tests done 21 days later....We had Chloes Kennel cough vaccine done also, just in case she has to spend time with other dogs in Cargo..her usual boosters are up to date. We have her passport here ready and waiting and she is booked for her fit to fly cert next monday.

Good luck, if we can help let us know

Julie
Are you going via manchester??

Gill
Old May 8th 2008, 10:25 am

woooooooooooooo just been sorted,
Air canada allow pets to fly as long as you have everything sorted.
Carrier to right fit with the dog, rabbies and fit to fly letter from the vet

Also charges for anyone else looking at this method is $245 for the flight
and
$30 for inspection at the airport

Looks like it may be a little more expensive on our seat prices, but hey my baby gets to come with me and now i can relax....
WELL apart from house sale :curse:

Gill
Old May 8th 2008, 10:27 am
Just Joined

birtley will become famous soon enoughbirtley will become famous soon enough

our dog is a Shih Tzu, the lass at "Transfur" said that Thomas Cook did not like to deal with the owners of the dog direct. She told us to book our flights and then tell her so that she could then book the dog on. They supply the cage, sort the dog out at the Cargo location at Manchester so that is a little less worry. If you want the phone number and contact name just let me know
Old May 8th 2008, 11:14 am

PM sent - thanks
Old May 8th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gill_andy_grew
woooooooooooooo just been sorted,
Air canada allow pets to fly as long as you have everything sorted.
Carrier to right fit with the dog, rabbies and fit to fly letter from the vet

Also charges for anyone else looking at this method is $245 for the flight
and
$30 for inspection at the airport

Looks like it may be a little more expensive on our seat prices, but hey my baby gets to come with me and now i can relax....
WELL apart from house sale :curse:

Gill
They told us one other thing when I enquired.

The Dog & Crate combined weight must be 32kg or less.

Is this still the case do you know?

Our male Spaniel has been a bit of a salad dodger lately and will need to get in training to reach bantam weight.........

Thanks
Old May 8th 2008, 9:55 pm

yeah 32kg is the max weight that they will allow, that also includes the cage.

Quick get the salad out and the extra long walks for you
Ill send ou 3 kids round if you want, our dog falls asleep when they go to bed

i would love to know what she is thinking
We are well under the 32kg

Gill
Old May 8th 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

[quote=gill_andy_grew;6325695]yeah 32kg is the max weight that they will allow, that also includes the cage.

Quick get the salad out and the extra long walks for you
How did you know I was overweight....

Ill send ou 3 kids round if you want, our dog falls asleep when they go to bed
Id just put them to bed at 6pm after tea...tell them it was really late.

i would love to know what she is thinking
We are well under the 32kg
Think out crate is toooooo big.

Here they are Dumb & Dumber
Attached Thumbnails Dog to canada..again-dscf0320.jpg