Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Does Bad credit follow you from the uk????

Does Bad credit follow you from the uk????

Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:14 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does Bad credit follow you from the uk????

Originally Posted by jericho
Have you got £2k sitting in the bank that you dont need? No? Me neither. Any money we have will be spent on furnishing a house, car, bills, clothes etc.
As I've already said, my choice, my risk.

RICH- I've just read your reply also. Since when has it ever been a good idea to get a loan to repay a loan? Kind of defeats the object dont you think.

To be honest, people cant rant and rave and judge all they like, i really dont care. I've made my decision. I'll suffer any consequences if I have to.

Buy a cheaper car/house or whatever over here and use your money to pay the debt off. Given the huge costs that can occur when emigrating, if £2k is a make or break figure, you're going to need a lot of luck to get yourself established here.

BTW, it's cheaper to ship stuff out here than furnishing a house from scratch. That'll save you some $
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:19 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by R I C H
Buy a cheaper car/house or whatever over here and use your money to pay the debt off. Given the huge costs that can occur when emigrating, if £2k is a make or break figure, you're going to need a lot of luck to get yourself established here.

BTW, it's cheaper to ship stuff out here than furnishing a house from scratch. That'll save you some $
We are shippin stuff over. My employers are picking up the cost of that and the flights. We're renting a house til we get settled. Will probably lease a car at first.
£2k isnt a make or break figure- all im saying is I dont have a spare £2k lying around. Im not going over there with empty pockets, but the we're completely focussed on making it work in Canada- if I dont have to pay the UK money back, I'm not going to. As ive said already, its my risk. If we ultimately want to return and my credit rating is shot to pieces, i'll only have my self to blame and it'll be me who has to pay all the charges, high interest rates etc.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:22 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Is this Friday afternoon trolling?

Surely no one is that frigging stupid and shortsighted?

You don't think every one of the people that go back to the UK weren't 100% focused on making it in there chosen destination?

Seriously, go to the returning to the UK forum and ask them.

Man, I wish I knew who was going to employ you. I wonder what they would make of the character of someone who decides to skip out on their UK obligation, not cos they cant find the money, just because the opportunity is there.

Honestly, if they were 100% going to chase you to Canada, you would find that money in a heartbeat.

Last edited by iaink; Jul 25th 2008 at 8:24 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:22 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

As ive said already, its my risk. If we ultimately want to return and my credit rating is shot to pieces, i'll only have my self to blame and it'll be me who has to pay all the charges, high interest rates etc.
....and if not, screw everyone that's left behind
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

We're going round in circles. I've said all I'm going to say on the matter.
Judge all you like....
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:32 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Judge all you like....
NUL POINTS
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

We are shippin stuff over. My employers are picking up the cost of that and the flights. We're renting a house til we get settled. Will probably lease a car at first.
£2k isnt a make or break figure- all im saying is I dont have a spare £2k lying around. Im not going over there with empty pockets, but the we're completely focussed on making it work in Canada- if I dont have to pay the UK money back, I'm not going to. As ive said already, its my risk. If we ultimately want to return and my credit rating is shot to pieces, i'll only have my self to blame and it'll be me who has to pay all the charges, high interest rates etc.
Actually, the charges on unpaid debts often came to more than the debt. But mostly likely it won't be YOU paying, it will be us!

Talk to the company, agree a schedule, just sort it out! It's much easier in the end.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:43 pm
Account Closed

I thought I'd add- I have been forced to pay over £2k for unauthorised overdraft charges over the last few years. Before anyone starts, my over draft has now been paid off.

It's clear however that these charges are unlawful. I know it. You know it. The banks know it. I'm sure there will be a ruling shortly which will confirm that they are unlawful.

Am I really supposed to feel guilty about my own debts, when the same institution I owe money to has been ripping me off for years?
Do me a favour.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:05 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought I'd add- I have been forced to pay over £2k for unauthorised overdraft charges over the last few years. Before anyone starts, my over draft has now been paid off.

It's clear however that these charges are unlawful. I know it. You know it. The banks know it. I'm sure there will be a ruling shortly which will confirm that they are unlawful.

Am I really supposed to feel guilty about my own debts, when the same institution I owe money to has been ripping me off for years?
Do me a favour.
After reading through this entire thread all I can say is I hope I never ever meet you in real life. :curse::curse:
Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:10 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Ah, the "two wrongs make a right" school of morality.

I'm afraid I'm with the Steve on this one. In fact, I dont even want to bother with your posts any more. Another one for the "ignore" function.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Steve_P
After reading through this entire thread all I can say is I hope I never ever meet you in real life. :curse::curse:
It does seriously make me laugh at how "houlier than thou" some people come across on here. No one breaks any laws. No one does ANYTHING wrong...EVER. No of course they dont.
Get over yourself you pompous self conceited old duffer.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iaink
Ah, the "two wrongs make a right" school of morality.

I'm afraid I'm with the Steve on this one. In fact, I dont even want to bother with your posts any more. Another one for the "ignore" function.
Good. Then no one else will have to suffer your "im clearly a better person than you" ramblings.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:16 pm
Pea Brain

It does seriously make me laugh at how "houlier than thou" some people come across on here. No one breaks any laws. No one does ANYTHING wrong...EVER. No of course they dont.
I consciously drove over the speed limit on the way to work this morning, and feel no remorse.

I've never consciously chosen to rip anyone off for £2k though.

HTH
Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:21 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I've broken the odd traffic law but I've never ever walked away from a financial obligation.

As Iain said another one for the ignore function.

PLONK
Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:28 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Good. Then no one else will have to suffer your "im clearly a better person than you" ramblings.
People likes to think that everyone else would behave the same way as they do.

As someone in another thread said, 75% of the population think they are in the top 50%

You clearly think what you are considering doing is OK, and are rationalising it however you want. But the reality is that EVERYONE ELSE responding to this thread is telling you its the wrong thing to do, either morally, or more importantly on a practical basis.

They are your shoes, and if you want to piss on them and stink for the rest of your life, that's entirely up to you, nothing we can do.

But, based on what you have posted here, I AM clearly a better person than you.

BYE.

Last edited by iaink; Jul 25th 2008 at 9:43 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.