Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Does anyone work in a bank in Canada

Does anyone work in a bank in Canada

Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

calgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant future
Default Re: Does anyone work in a bank in Canada

Sorry to jump in and ask my own question. Can one get weekend job in one of the Canadian banks? Am currently in the middle of an online MBA and will be thru soon . I will like to get a job but not full time cos I dont want to use day care for my kids.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:57 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

In theory yes it is possible, although many banks in the sticks don't open Saturdays (although I see you are in Calgary so they probably do there).

Look through each of the banks online job sites - the part time positions will mainly be for customer service but there are some in store vacancies that are part time too.

Throw some cv's out there and if you get responses go from there with the hours that you would like.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

calgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant future

Thanks Mandy, am not yet in calgary in flesh but have establish a presence there i.e a house etc will be relocating in 8 weeks.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rachel38
Thanks for your reply and I agree that going over in person is better than a faceless cv, however I am reluctant to do that just yet as I am looking for a Branch Manager job in a Bank and I know from experience that the majority if not all banks use recruitment agents and this makes it a little difficult in getting interviews if you are only on a short visit, or I may be totally wrong and going at this the wrong way which this forum is being very helpful in gaining information and tips.

NB Very, very jealous you have managed to do the whole process in 8 months
what kind of job do you do (if you say work in a bank I will die!!!)
Where are you looking to move to ? I understand there is a branch managers job at HSBC in Halifax
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Heading to Calgary !! looking forward to it
Old Aug 13th 2008, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

rachel38 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Southcote
Where are you looking to move to ? I understand there is a branch managers job at HSBC in Halifax
Hi Southcote

Am currently looking at Alberta but second choice would be NS, where did you see that job advertised and any idea if they recruit from overseas?

Thanks for any information.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

I used to work for Community Savings, but it's a while ago now. Have a lovely ex manager who has promised to give me a job if we ever do get back though..(wistfully)
I worked part time including one saturday a month...

happy hunting both x
Old Aug 13th 2008, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rachel38
Hi Southcote

Am currently looking at Alberta but second choice would be NS, where did you see that job advertised and any idea if they recruit from overseas?

Thanks for any information.
I saw it advertised on one of the job sites. It was probably workopolis or careerbeacon, but it might have beenon the HSBC website - try there first.

As for whether they recruit from overseas - I have no idea. I guess it would depend upon what qualifications you would have, as I suspect there are some specific Canadian ones. Have a look at their advert and it may give some clues as to the requires for this type of role at any Canadian based bank
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

rachel38 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Southcote
I saw it advertised on one of the job sites. It was probably workopolis or careerbeacon, but it might have beenon the HSBC website - try there first.

As for whether they recruit from overseas - I have no idea. I guess it would depend upon what qualifications you would have, as I suspect there are some specific Canadian ones. Have a look at their advert and it may give some clues as to the requires for this type of role at any Canadian based bank
Thanks Southcote

Will have a good look through all the job sites, currently using job bank and workopolis not looked at career beacon so will search there.

Thanks for the info.