Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Does anyone else think this would work?

Does anyone else think this would work?

Old Sep 2nd 2007, 2:24 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does anyone else think this would work?

What abour a new READ ME line at the top of the Canada lifestyle thread page dedicated to the various provinces where we are all going.

The mods could work out the style of it.

I've always though it would be very useful if you could have a section entitled: Where are you living/immigrating to - or something to that effect.

When we first log into BE and start merrily chatting you would click on the link and go into the specific Province and simply type your user name.
ie: Alvic - Regina, Saskatchewan.

Then in future when we are looking for other peeps going to the same Province as ourselves we simply go in there and have a wee browse and contact that person.

From the avatars it is not alway stated where peeps are going or live and also this would be a much quicker way of contacting fellow ex pats living near to you.

None of you will probably agree for badness, but personally I think it is a good idea
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 2:27 pm

Default Re: Does anyone else think this would work?

Just wanted to say thanks to the six peeps who have viewed but couldn't be bothered answering.:curse:

This will benefit us all.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you,. It would be a plus.

One of the things that has always irritated me and still does is on the meet and greet page where people do not indicate where they intend to move to. There are exceptions though as some are smart enough to mention the province if not the town.

If all took a few moments to think this through they would realise that if they need help/advice/input/ideas they might be further ahead if they did this,

Then I despair when I note those with clearly no idea of size and jurisdiction. Those who imagine this vast country is homogenous and the same from end to end. Good example is that current thread which so innocently asks about the cost of living in Canada.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...23#post5262523

Last edited by montreal mike; Sep 2nd 2007 at 2:47 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

citicat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the rough

Ye i like the sound of that at least by province questions and answers can be bantered about and we might meet long time friends when we all move over as most of us will be alone when we arrive

mick
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alvic
What abour a new READ ME line at the top of the Canada lifestyle thread page dedicated to the various provinces where we are all going.

I've always though it would be very useful if you could have a section entitled: Where are you living/immigrating to - or something to that effect.

When we first log into BE and start merrily chatting you would click on the link and go into the specific Province and simply type your user name.

Then in future when we are looking for other peeps going to the same Province as ourselves we simply go in there and have a wee browse and contact that person.

From the avatars it is not alway stated where peeps are going or live and also this would be a much quicker way of contacting fellow ex pats living near to you.

None of you will probably agree for badness, but personally I think it is a good idea
Not a bad idea, Al... right at the top of the Meet and Greet forum they could put it next to Guidelines in one of those green box arrangements.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by citicat
Ye i like the sound of that at least by province questions and answers can be bantered about and we might meet long time friends when we all move over as most of us will be alone when we arrive

mick
Originally Posted by newshoney
Not a bad idea, Al... right at the top of the Meet and Greet forum they could put it next to Guidelines in one of those green box arrangements.
Quick we'll start a petition
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 5:03 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Quick we'll start a petition
Well there's 2 for Regina region then

Put me on your petition
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:28 pm
Dorfus wafflebutt

littletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nice

yeah i agree, saves alot of bother when asking but driving etc that change form province to province.
Add an Ontario to the petition!

Karen
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by littletwinkle46
yeah i agree, saves alot of bother when asking but driving etc that change form province to province.
Add an Ontario to the petition!

Karen
Come on mods.......let us have a new section pleeeeeeease
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea. Put me down for the NS link
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

veengraham has a spectacular aura aboutveengraham has a spectacular aura aboutveengraham has a spectacular aura about

yes good idea
add a PEI
vee
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:54 am
Just Joined

crist is on a distinguished road

Yes, great idea, it'll be interesting to see how many people have gone to NS, or are considering NS.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe take it further and add the closest city/town? Provinces are bigger than most countries.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:54 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

great idea Alvic
I'm heading or BC (Vancouver) so that'll be great on the list.
Threads can be more specific then
Terese
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by steve666
Maybe take it further and add the closest city/town? Provinces are bigger than most countries.
Think I did hint at this in my original post, but I do wholly agree.

So how do we go about getting this done....the moderators are ignoring us at the minute?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.