Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Do we need Visa's if we want to stay for full 6 months ?

Do we need Visa's if we want to stay for full 6 months ?

Old Aug 1st 2011, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Afitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really nice
Default Re: Do we need Visa's if we want to stay for full 6 months ?

Thank You for all your reply's

I guess it seems strange to bring a Dog for 6 months, but we don't have children and as such we perhaps feel we carn't leave her !

I know we are in a lucky position that we could go to Canada for 6 months and not work.

I have read about flying her there and as long as she has all her vaccinations etc she woudn't have to go into quarantine when we come back to the UK.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 12:25 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Afitos
Thank You for all your reply's

I guess it seems strange to bring a Dog for 6 months, but we don't have children and as such we perhaps feel we carn't leave her !

I know we are in a lucky position that we could go to Canada for 6 months and not work.

I have read about flying her there and as long as she has all her vaccinations etc she woudn't have to go into quarantine when we come back to the UK.
As long as she has her jabs and her rabies jabs and bloodworks to prove the rabies jab has "taken" you can shift her back and forth from here to uk and Florid as much as you want - or can afford and she can take!!

I have met people here holidaying for 3 months from Germany- flew dogs over!
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Afitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really nice

So, Just to clarify....

There is no Visa that we could apply for to ensurewe could stay for the 6 months. We would have to 'hope' that we got given the full 6 months when we arrived.

As it has been pointed out if we brought our Dog it might look like we wouldn't leave , so there is not really any way to do it .
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 2:32 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Afitos
So, Just to clarify....

There is no Visa that we could apply for to ensurewe could stay for the 6 months. We would have to 'hope' that we got given the full 6 months when we arrived.

As it has been pointed out if we brought our Dog it might look like we wouldn't leave , so there is not really any way to do it .
When you arrive tell the immigration officer you're looking to travel around wherever for 6 months. Make sure you have a return flight to match this. Chances are you'll be fine.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 3:40 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
When you arrive tell the immigration officer you're looking to travel around wherever for 6 months. Make sure you have a return flight to match this. Chances are you'll be fine.
It might be worth as well getting some paperwork together to support your claim that you are intending to return to the UK. Perhaps a letter from your Building Society saying you have a property and a mortgage. Maybe from your bank confirming you have open and current bank accounts. I know these aren't proof of your intentions, but from my experience, often the Canadian system just looks for a little extra assurance in the form of paper backup.