Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

diluting juice???

diluting juice???

Old Aug 29th 2011, 4:03 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: diluting juice???

Originally Posted by louisey66
And I take it Orange Pekoe is just like normal english tea?
Sort of... I prefer the stronger breakfast tea types, some orange pekoes are a bit lightweight for want of a better description, like "tea for beginners".
Old Aug 29th 2011, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

saz1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know where you can get ribena in Toronto? On the hunt for some, so far this has been fruitless (no pun intended).
Old Aug 29th 2011, 4:09 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Sort of... I prefer the stronger breakfast tea types, some orange pekoes are a bit lightweight for want of a better description, like "tea for beginners".
I don't like the teas that leave fur on your teeth, but I do like a well brewed Tetley tea bag. Don't see the point of just waving a tea bag over the top of the cup
Old Aug 29th 2011, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

louisey66 will become famous soon enough

Great! Cos i bought a big box!
Old Aug 29th 2011, 4:29 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saz1983
Anyone know where you can get ribena in Toronto? On the hunt for some, so far this has been fruitless (no pun intended).
I get it at "no frills". I dont think its that hard to find elsewhere.

The larger bottle is about $8, much better value than the regular bottles that cost ~$6
Old Aug 29th 2011, 5:42 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Orange pekoe is NOT a type of tea, it's a grade of tea. Where's that 4Bells...?
Old Aug 29th 2011, 7:21 pm
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of
Cool Re: diluting juice???

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I don't like the teas that leave fur on your teeth, but I do like a well brewed Tetley tea bag. Don't see the point of just waving a tea bag over the top of the cup
tetley ! Thats Nancy boys tea . If you want a nice strong cuppa you need to have yorkshire tea , i dont know if you can get that in Toronto so i have 8 boxes of 360 bags all packed away ready for bringing over mmmm as to the op , dont worry about squash just drink beer then you dont have to worry about where you can buy the best one
Old Aug 29th 2011, 9:27 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowcandy
We bought a bottle of Ribena when we arrived and it's hardly been touched 8 months on. Our kids now drink just water, though we sometimes have a can of frozen lemonade on the go too. The No name one (about 80cents) is actually quite pleasant and could pass for M and S Still Lemonade.

Don't ever make the mistake of buying Kool Aid. I succumbed and bought them a packet last week and made it up, omitting any sugar. It was absolutely vile, when I read how much sugar you had to add, something like 2 cups to 2 litres. I tipped it away before a drop passed their lips.
You dont' have to add that much sugar. The OH uses honey, and much less than they recommend.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

We buy the frozen Minute Maid Limade put it in the blender with loads of ice and add huge dollops of Gin and tonic water. This we call a " Supersonic Gin and Tonic" makes your to nails curl up
Old Aug 30th 2011, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

We've seen ribena at most supermarkets, but only the Asian one, although sometimes it's in the international foods section (Superstore, Fresh Co), and Metro put it with the lime cordial etc. I've bought the British one from our local British shop, but the Asian one (stubbier glass bottle) doesn't taste the same to me.

Has anyone had any luck finding the British one (taller plastic bottle, ingredients in English )?
Old Aug 30th 2011, 5:28 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
We buy the frozen Minute Maid Limade put it in the blender with loads of ice and add huge dollops of Gin and tonic water. This we call a " Supersonic Gin and Tonic" makes your to nails curl up
Ooh! Now that DOES sound good! Thanks!
Old Aug 30th 2011, 11:44 am
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of
Cool Re: diluting juice???

Originally Posted by Gremmie
sorry gremmie Cant stop laughing at the thought of you drinking a gin with an umbrella and cherry in your glass lol. Ive seen your photo and i know youre an ex-trucker and im sorry mate you just dont seem like a gin drinking guy no offence meant
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arniedog
sorry gremmie Cant stop laughing at the thought of you drinking a gin with an umbrella and cherry in your glass lol. Ive seen your photo and i know youre an ex-trucker and im sorry mate you just dont seem like a gin drinking guy no offence meant
our G&T's are no frills in a tall tumbler, not some mamby pamby work of art
Old Aug 30th 2011, 2:07 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Best tip I have for G&Ts is to make ice cubes from tonic water and use them instead of regular ones, then as they melt things dont get diluted down.

That and "add more Gin", but thats a no brainer.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 6:57 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Best tip I have for G&Ts is to make ice cubes from tonic water and use them instead of regular ones, then as they melt things dont get diluted down.
I don't think you're drinking quickly enough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.