Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Devon, Alberta

Devon, Alberta

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:48 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Devon, Alberta

Pleasure.

If you are going to be working near Nisku then Beaumont and Leduc are about as close as you can get. Leduc gets the low aircraft. I was at Safeway once and they fly just over the roof !!!!!!!!!!!!

We really liked Beaumont, and were house hunting there with avengeance at first, but just couldn't find the right home for us at the time, so began looking at Sh PK and love it here. It has more amenities than Beaumont and I find that just fantastic in the Winter, when you don't have to travel too far.

If you can rent for a while initially and just take time to check out all areas, that way you avoid making an expensive mistake. We had visited Devon previously, had a few doubts back then, rented there anyway, but our doubts were still there, so we relocated elsewhere. But each to their own. It may be just what you are looking for.

As for rental properties there, we did a rental condo privately through an ad in the local newspaper http://dispatchnews.ca/ A risk, as we took it unseen, but luckily it was fine. Pretty new, clean and tidy. Managed to get a short 3 month lease too, so very fortunate. If you need any assistance this end with other newspaper contacts etc, then just ask. Happy to help as we were once in your shoes
Good luck

Last edited by R2D2; Mar 22nd 2008 at 2:51 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

bobhope is on a distinguished road

Ok well as I worked from Leduc, patrolled out to Calmar and numerous other little places dont worry about airplanes, crikey you hear the train more! Now that is loud. Calmar is a great little town, nothing much there though, if you need to shop you would have to go to Leduc really. Devon is good, once again a small town, easy reach of the Anthony Hendy and not ar from the 60 which takes you to highway 2. Devon and Clamar in fact all the little towns are quite old and they have older smaller houses in the main, although Devon has a fantastic new ravine development. Edmonton is just a hop from Devon, St Albert is further and very heavy with comuter traffic! Sherwood park is nice, all you need is there, but the comute to work can be exciting at times! Still further to Edmonton than Devon. So I would say dont discount Devon! Nisku is an industrial area, full of trucks, so I wouldnt advise going there! Leduc is good, its got an old side in the East and a brand new side in the West, easy comute to highway 2, on a last note you will get more housee for your money in the smaller places, although the prices in Edmonton have defo come down! Anything else I can help with just ask!
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

fozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant future

Thanks bob,

that has also been useful, have been looking into Beaumont today as suggested by another member.

I think we will just need to wait till we get there and play it by ear.