Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Designer clothes in canada

Designer clothes in canada

Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

cold-one is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Designer clothes in canada

I thought "designer" clothes in Calgary meant a clean pair of jeans.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:32 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dbd33

I can't imagine you could get to a place with fashion without using a plane. San Francisco is likely the nearest place but it might be cheaper to fly elsewhere. NYC is the obvious destination, that's where people from Toronto who care about clothes go.
Do you not think you can good clothing in Toronto?! I know I have picked up G Star and Energie, Diesel for my boys no problem. Infact the jacket he bought in the UK her was able to get downtown also. Also my husband manufactures signage for Vivian Westwood footwear in downtown Toronto. I had been told we have some pretty good outlets to go to? We are really not much in the boonies are we?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:40 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Souvenir
If you're thinking along the lines of EasyJet etc, forget it.
You can also pick up great last minute package deals hotel and flight from Toronto to Vegas for 4-5 days around $500.00. 4 days is enough in Vegas. Have fun.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLT
Do you not think you can good clothing in Toronto?! I know I have picked up G Star and Energie, Diesel for my boys no problem. Infact the jacket he bought in the UK her was able to get downtown also. Also my husband manufactures signage for Vivian Westwood footwear in downtown Toronto. I had been told we have some pretty good outlets to go to? We are really not much in the boonies are we?
In reality you'll probably find most stuff in Toronto. Personally I think it's all a bit waste of money but that's just me, if nothing else I'm a cheap date
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:48 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
In reality you'll probably find most stuff in Toronto. Personally I think it's all a bit waste of money but that's just me, if nothing else I'm a cheap date
You think clothes shopping is a date activity?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:51 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLT
Do you not think you can good clothing in Toronto?! I know I have picked up G Star and Energie, Diesel for my boys no problem.
yeah, but that's hardly high fashion, is it? It's just the same jeans and casual jackets you get anywhere else, but with the logo on the outside. I rather assumed the OP's question was about more than that, in which case NYC or San Francisco is probably about right. Very few people in Canada seem to give a fig for all that stuff, from my (admittedly limited, and male at that ) perspective.

But you're right, if you just want to spend 10 times what you would at Mark's Work Wearhouse for a pair of jeans you need to roll half way up your leg to get them to fit, you can probably buy that sort of thing in any half decent mall that has a Holt Renfrew or similar higher-end dept store . Sherway Gardens in TO would do, I know there's a HR in there...
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz
You think clothes shopping is a date activity?
Oh good god no not unless you're trying to get the guy to dumb you. I should have just said I'm low maintenance.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:18 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Oh good god no not unless you're trying to get the guy to dumb you. I should have just said I'm low maintenance.

What does that mean
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
What does that mean
I meant dump (must not try to type and feed child at the same time)
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:23 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
1985 - Armani Jeans - 80 quid.

Cost a week's wages with overtime (I was a northern scallywag).

R.
me too, 27 pound 50p yts 1986, armani but a dream. now i have the money i am too tight to spend it, hence the outlet mall attraction. cannot see the point of paying full wack when you can buy last years jeans (is there a difference, they are all bloody blue afterall) for half the price. timberland outlet in the states, my boots slight seconds, seem ok to me, 40 quid. bargin.

on the credit card thing, had mine turned down in U.S. till spoke to a person on the phone to verify id, simply security nothing else.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:24 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
yeah, but that's hardly high fashion, is it? It's just the same jeans and casual jackets you get anywhere else, but with the logo on the outside. I rather assumed the OP's question was about more than that, in which case NYC or San Francisco is probably about right. Very few people in Canada seem to give a fig for all that stuff, from my (admittedly limited, and male at that ) perspective.

But you're right, if you just want to spend 10 times what you would at Mark's Work Wearhouse for a pair of jeans you need to roll half way up your leg to get them to fit, you can probably buy that sort of thing in any half decent mall that has a Holt Renfrew or similar higher-end dept store . Sherway Gardens in TO would do, I know there's a HR in there...
:Hey thanks for making me laugh I was just picturing the rolled up jeans!!! nice.

Saying that I must admit that the jeans my son wears have a really nice cut to them. I know they are only jeans but are they are made in Italy and they seem to have a great look the cut really does count!. They are a little more than usual around $250 jeans and a top around $ 100 but seems the youngsters seem to go for. I am over in the UK at the moment and seems very popular over here and yes denim is still hot, it is what you put with it that tops it off. :
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

does this mean you are posting with your breasts out.
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cold-one
I thought "designer" clothes in Calgary meant a clean pair of jeans.
Just get in with some people in the rodeo crowd (from which are drawn the small town stampede queens and princesses and the like). You'll find people who have $700 cowboy hats and, in some cases, belt buckles that cost as much as my mid-priced car. There are some rich daddies out there.

I don't belong to that crowd, but have intersected with it briefly a couple of times. It was an eye opener to me.
x
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rae
does this mean you are posting with your breasts out.
is there any other way??
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Just get in with some people in the rodeo crowd (from which are drawn the small town stampede queens and princesses and the like). You'll find people who have $700 cowboy hats and, in some cases, belt buckles that cost as much as my mid-priced car. There are some rich daddies out there.

I don't belong to that crowd, but have intersected with it briefly a couple of times. It was an eye opener to me.
x
just shows money can't buy good taste

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.