Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Customs duties help

Customs duties help

Old Jun 28th 2013, 4:13 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Customs duties help

Originally Posted by JasonTFord
Thanks Former Lancastrian. I have PMd you.
He would likely figure that out when he sees the PM
Old Jun 28th 2013, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

AJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant future
Default Re: Customs duties help

Wee update, went to post office Canada and they filled in form E14 with a note of my telephone number and sent the boxes back to customs to be reassessed. They were helpful and appeared to have done this sort of thing on several occassions. So here's hoping that after a conversation and perhaps a copy of work permits all will be fine. Incidentally I did put a note into each box saying we were provincial nominees on temporary work permits. With hindsight I should perhaps have included copies of the letters from SINP. It might be worth noting for others that when I was researching carriers to use all were able to talk me through the customs declaration forms but none suggested putting in the additional paperwork. I have other stuff in the UK that I intent to send out at some point in the future, with those I think it will be a belt and braces situation, even if they don't ask for additional provenance regarding your property...give the information anyway. As pointed out previously, and rightly so, customs officers are not mind readers lol