customs

Old May 4th 2006, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

MapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really nice
Default customs

I will be visiting my other half in Winnipeg next week... and I was wondering what exactly I have to declare... now, I remember my last experience going through immigration (I was staying for 6 months) I was given a warning because a half eaten box of cadburys chocolate fingers that were in my hand luggage as munchies on the plane, wasn't declared. I had mentioned that they were purely snacks for myself, I just hadn't managed to finish them all by myself and was told that' it doesn't matter, you still need to declare it!'

Now, I am like many other women, a craft-aholic, I will be bringing with me a fair amount of craft items to satisfy my crafting needs... at this point I will say that none of it is brand new and is merely my collection that I have accumulated over the years.

My question is, will I have to declare this?
Old May 4th 2006, 5:06 am
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: customs

Maple, Winnipeg is full of craft stores and crafting appears to be a stable.

Do you need to bring a real load? could you do so Canadian crafting?

It might get tag as merchandise. Probably depend on he day the immigration custom office is having.
Old May 4th 2006, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

MapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really niceMapleDragon is just really nice

Originally Posted by Grah
Maple, Winnipeg is full of craft stores and crafting appears to be a stable.

Do you need to bring a real load? could you do so Canadian crafting?

It might get tag as merchandise. Probably depend on he day the immigration custom office is having.
Lol I do realise they have crafting stores but ... sad to say it... but this is my pride and joy. Not onlyt that... after having spend a FORTUNE on it (tools included) do I really want to buy duplicates in Canada?

Thank you for your reply. I guess I would have to take a risk.
Old May 4th 2006, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Was the biscuit problem not more related to open food/dairy (I know, what a joke, but chocolate covered biscuits contain British milk and that's not a welcome substance in many parts of the world!)...

A German guy I worked with once stood and proceeded to stuff half an open packet of biscuits into his face at Washington Dulles rather than surrender them to the customs officer who was insisting he could not bring them into the US

Edit: I've found Winnipeg airport customs/immigration to be the most laid back of all. I'd rather face two of them than one from Pearson any day :scared:
Old May 4th 2006, 4:36 pm
Will work for shoes.....

wonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Biiiiink]
A German guy I worked with once stood and proceeded to stuff half an open packet of biscuits into his face at Washington Dulles rather than surrender them to the customs officer who was insisting he could not bring them into the US

LOL, I remember doing this with about a third of a large bar of dairy milk that i hadn't eaten on the plane rather than give it to customs in the states !
Old May 4th 2006, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=wonderwoman]
Originally Posted by Biiiiink

LOL, I remember doing this with about a third of a large bar of dairy milk that i hadn't eaten on the plane rather than give it to customs in the states !
Yeah, I think it's "biohazard" rules, not tax ones. Although the Americans do seem to have a real bee in their bonnet about chocolate liquers (prohibited along with lottery tickets, obscene publications, and drugs). Maybe it combines "evil" of drink with "food for children"? Or maybe some senator on a committee choked on one and decided to get his revenge? Weirdos.

K.
Old May 4th 2006, 9:51 pm
Will work for shoes.....

wonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond reputewonderwoman has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kt0157]
Originally Posted by wonderwoman

Yeah, I think it's "biohazard" rules, not tax ones. Although the Americans do seem to have a real bee in their bonnet about chocolate liquers (prohibited along with lottery tickets, obscene publications, and drugs). Maybe it combines "evil" of drink with "food for children"? Or maybe some senator on a committee choked on one and decided to get his revenge? Weirdos.

K.
Hey, chocolate liquers, they can prohibit those all they like, nasty things!, as for biohazard, makes me laugh really when you compare a small innocent bar of dairy milk to some of the fast food crap that you can buy there :scared:
Old May 4th 2006, 10:34 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=wonderwoman]
Originally Posted by kt0157
as for biohazard, makes me laugh really when you compare a small innocent bar of dairy milk to some of the fast food crap that you can buy there :scared:
and that would be different from the same fast food crap you can buy in the UK, how?

I visited one of those "Little Chef's" once. Whoa now there's a bio hazard.
Old May 5th 2006, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Hangman]
Originally Posted by wonderwoman

and that would be different from the same fast food crap you can buy in the UK, how?

I visited one of those "Little Chef's" once. Whoa now there's a bio hazard.
Well I fly back to winnipeg on thursday, with my sweets for the plane and my long loved craft supply in tow (yes I know, I'm sad) I will let you know how it goes.