Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

critically ill parent, mercy dash

critically ill parent, mercy dash

Old Apr 17th 2013, 2:58 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: critically ill parent, mercy dash

Originally Posted by __TJ__
Thanks everyone. Just thought id update. I'm back home now (canada) my sister moved heaven and earth to arrange the funeral for monday so I could be there, and I was able to help brother and sister sort thru his things and catch up with family.

I have warned mum to give me a weeks notice is she is planning on moving on!
So sorry for your loss. I've just had the same, brother and sister calling to say the Mother wasn't looking good after going to hospital for simple basic tests, me booking flights, then being told she'd got cancer after a lifetime of brilliant health, was told it could be three months or three days. She died two hours before we left for the airport. Nothing prepares you, it sucks big time. Glad you were there for the funeral though. I've decided it was better to not see her and just remember how she was last time I saw her. Hope you don't feel lost or guilty about not getting there in time, he wouldn't want that.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

dg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to all

Sad news moneypenny; my condolences to you - and to TJ; I'm glad you were at least able to attend the funeral.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 3:50 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, and i did the same moneypenny, i was able to view his body but i declined because last time i saw him he was happy and joking in the pub.

that with jetlag and everything else the whole week seems to be a bit of a surreral dream getting back to normality back here at home and im ok most of the time. I took a photo fo his grave when everyone else had left becasue i cant just go and visit when i want to .
Old Apr 21st 2013, 2:10 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Condolences, TJ.
We have had two dear friends depart since we moved over here; both sudden, so we can sympathise.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Mircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura about

Sorry for your loss. I offer my condolences. I hope you and your family can remain strong and supportive at this time.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 11:16 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by __TJ__
Thanks everyone. Just thought id update. I'm back home now (canada) my sister moved heaven and earth to arrange the funeral for monday so I could be there, and I was able to help brother and sister sort thru his things and catch up with family.

I have warned mum to give me a weeks notice is she is planning on moving on!
Sorry to hear your news, hope you can get back to some sort of normality before too long.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

TJ sincere condolences- same thing happened to me 5 years ago with my Mum passing before I could get home. It is gut wrenching I know. It seems to go with the territory of being an Ex Pat. xx