Cricket on TV

Old Apr 5th 2006, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cricket on TV

Originally Posted by stepnek
Hi Drew,

Being an Essex lad I naturally follow the fortunes of Essex and England of course! I listened to the ashes series on Radio 4 which was streamed online but the BBC seem to be a bit choosy about what sport they stream outside of the UK. So the ashes wasn't a problem but the one day series taking place in India at the moment is limited to UK streaming. I think it's to do with the rights to broadcast.
There's a post on the US forum describing (from UK Nova) how to set up a proxy for your realplayer settings so that it appears you are in the UK and can listen to UK-only content. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362401

This doesn't work for me (Mac) but from the thumbs up on UK Nova it appears to work for the rest of the computer using world
Old Apr 5th 2006, 3:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Not from Lancaster. Check your 3rd Form Latin primer.
Yeh, so many under 50s who went to state school will still have one of those knocking around
Old Apr 5th 2006, 9:11 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Yeh, so many under 50s who went to state school will still have one of those knocking around
Exactly
Old Apr 6th 2006, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
There's a post on the US forum describing (from UK Nova) how to set up a proxy for your realplayer settings so that it appears you are in the UK and can listen to UK-only content. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362401

This doesn't work for me (Mac) but from the thumbs up on UK Nova it appears to work for the rest of the computer using world
Thanks for that. I'll have to check that out.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kellydrew

As you may have gathered from my location. I follow Lancashire, and England of course. We are back in division 1 this year and you know I think it may be our year!! Sure you'll disagree.
Drew
Hi Drew,

I remember Lancashire being in particular such a dominant force back in the late seventies when they had the likes of Clive Lloyd playing for them. I don't know if the actual results prove that but it always seemed like they had the upper hand when playing Essex.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 7:16 am
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stepnek
Hi Drew,

I remember Lancashire being in particular such a dominant force back in the late seventies when they had the likes of Clive Lloyd playing for them. I don't know if the actual results prove that but it always seemed like they had the upper hand when playing Essex.
Stephen

I couldn't say if we had the Indian sign over Essex or not to be honest. We were an awesome one day team in the 70's but sucked in the first class game. I remember you guys had Goochy and John Lever. After that I'm pretty stuck as to who was playing for Essex back then. Cricket is experiencing a bit of a renaissance over here since our successes of recent seasons. Long may it continue.

Drew

PS When did you move over and whereabouts is Cornwall?
Old Apr 6th 2006, 10:43 am
Ɖireann go BrĆ”ch

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Stephen

I couldn't say if we had the Indian sign over Essex or not to be honest. We were an awesome one day team in the 70's but sucked in the first class game. I remember you guys had Goochy and John Lever. After that I'm pretty stuck as to who was playing for Essex back then. Cricket is experiencing a bit of a renaissance over here since our successes of recent seasons. Long may it continue.

Drew

i saw cricket on an indian satellite station while in vancouver. there is a large indian population in the surrey region of the lower mainland.
Old Apr 9th 2006, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Stephen

We moved over here in September 2004 and stayed briefly in Montreal with my my wife's family. Then we moved into Cornwall at the end of October which is about 60 miles away from Montreal a little inside eastern Ontario.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

johnehsmith will become famous soon enough

So i got this in my mail today - of interest to cricket fans :

>Live Commentary and In Play Action at the Ashes
>
>Itā€™s Australia who are in control of the 1st Test after an impressive batting display to leave them 346-3 at the end of day one. Will England bounce back on day two to set up a nail biting Ashes opener?
>
>One thingā€™s for sure, you can follow every ball of the Ashes by listening to our superb Live Audio coverage at http://www.bet365.com. Our commentary team of former Yorkshire captain Ashley Metcalfe, Rodney May and Jonathan Doidge will ensure youā€™re kept fully informed during every Ashes Test and ODI taking place during the winter.
>
>As you might expect, the link for the Live Audio is available at the http://www.bet365.com Live In-Play console, where you can bet Live In Play on 9 exciting markets while listening to the commentary. Alternatively, click the Audio link anywhere in the Cricket section at http://www.bet365.com.
>
>So, be sure to tune in at http://www.bet365.com for the remainder of the 1st Test, there is sure to be plenty of twists and turns and youā€™ll hear about all of them for free, thanks to our Live Audio commentary.
>
>Best regards,
>
>The team at http://www.bet365.com
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 5:24 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Free Ashes streaming video is (or might be) available here (for the patient)
http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/

Also this url might work... I think you have to pay...

http://www.desioutlaws.net/tv/live.php Although other links are also mentined on the live footy forums.

Last edited by iaink; Nov 23rd 2006 at 5:29 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 5:31 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you can watch the Ashes in Canada

Live streaming from Sky Sports to your PC or Mac is available (for a subscription fee).

I watched day 1 yesterday, and it worked great - all the info you need is here:
http://www.livesporton.tv/Stream.asp

Works out at about CAD$6 per day of cricket.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 5:39 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Crickettv.com will sell you DirectTVs live match and highlite streaming package for the whole series for $100US ($4 a day...unless they all end on day 3 like the 1st one might ). Highlites only is $20.

cricketon.tv advertise the same DirectTV live match coverage at slightly less, $87 for the whole series

Last edited by iaink; Nov 23rd 2006 at 5:41 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 6:11 pm
Kelly

Originally Posted by iaink
Crickettv.com will sell you DirectTVs live match and highlite streaming package for the whole series for $100US ($4 a day...unless they all end on day 3 like the 1st one might ). Highlites only is $20.

cricketon.tv advertise the same DirectTV live match coverage at slightly less, $87 for the whole series
Come on mate......Less of the pessimism.
Although it would be no great surprise if it did end on Friday. Bad toss to lose and we bowled like village cricketers for the first hour. Totally handed the initiative to the Aussies
Never mind a few quick wickets and we're back into it. Should have played Monty though.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 7:34 pm
The Seldom Seen Kid

Buchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really nice

CBN in Ontario (Caribbean Broadcasting Network) has shedloads of cricket on Including all 5 Ashes Tests and next years World Cup.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 8:03 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Buchan6
CBN in Ontario (Caribbean Broadcasting Network) has shedloads of cricket on Including all 5 Ashes Tests and next years World Cup.
Next years?

<Tunes in briefly to CBN to watch the final; jumps on plane to London; heads for nearest bookie>