Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Craig, not 'Creg'! So annoying...

Craig, not 'Creg'! So annoying...

Old Oct 18th 2008, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Craig, not 'Creg'! So annoying...

Originally Posted by rwin
So how are you suppose to say Craig?

To me Craig and Creg are two different spellings for exactly the same thing.
Craig rhymes with egg.
Creg rhymes with Greg.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

lousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Purley
It's not a "mispronunciation". Its just a different pronunciation. Who is to say which one is correct?
Er... me, perhaps?
Old Oct 19th 2008, 12:27 am
hwp
BE Enthusiast

hwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to behold

I'm Canadian and my real name is pronounced differently by British, Canadian, Japanese, African, 'Chinese', French etc speakers... get over it. You are living in a small/global world... this variance should be is expected, shouldn't it?
Old Oct 19th 2008, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lychee
Craig rhymes with egg.
Creg rhymes with Greg.
Craig rhymes with egg.....no!

Cr'aig nothing like egg........rhymes with egg when canadians say it though!
Old Oct 19th 2008, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Craig rhymes with egg.
Creg rhymes with Greg.
I thought Greg and Creg also rhymed with egg.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Lychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rwin
I thought Greg and Creg also rhymed with egg.
Craig and egg rhyme with plague in my books. Some people also pronounce keg, leg, and peg the same way. Others do not. I've heard both pronunciations on the west coast. Pronunciations appear to differ across the country.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jempee
Craig rhymes with egg.....no!

Cr'aig nothing like egg........rhymes with egg when canadians say it though!
In my corner of Canada, egg and Craig both rhyme with plague.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Mine too.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Pl'ague and Cr'aig have the same sound your right
egg and plague im sorry i just dont know how it could be pronounced the same some one do a sound wave for me
Old Oct 19th 2008, 5:50 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

We know a Canadian called Craig who pronounces his name......CRAIG!

I dont see what the big deal is, at least someone has taken the trouble ti find out what your name is. If it upsets you enough then just ask them to pronounce it the way you like.

As I said earlier in this thread. Do you take the trouble to pronounce Canadian names the Canadian way??