Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The 'cost'/reality of living the dream..

The 'cost'/reality of living the dream..

Old Mar 26th 2012, 12:13 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'cost'/reality of living the dream..

Originally Posted by alcat2010
Thought id add.. Barrie isn't exactly our 1 and only desired destination.
I genuinely laughed out loud at that. Suppose you were emigrating to the UK, "Colchester isn't our 1 and only..." you might write, "the wife has distant family in Southend".

Still, if your hearts are set on the chavvy bits of Ontario the way to get there would seem to be via the wife's nursing qualifications. The snag there is likely to be that she'll need to have a degree.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tangram
Go for it. It will be wonderful.

Is it for the kids ?
Ooooh lovely day for a spot of fishing!...

Yep.
Its cos kids in Canada can be kids for longer... cos they're more polite and repectful to their elders.. and theres no drugs or anti-social behaviour... etc etc
Old Mar 26th 2012, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbd33
I genuinely laughed out loud at that. Suppose you were emigrating to the UK, "Colchester isn't our 1 and only..." you might write, "the wife has distant family in Southend".

Still, if your hearts are set on the chavvy bits of Ontario the way to get there would seem to be via the wife's nursing qualifications. The snag there is likely to be that she'll need to have a degree.
I'm glad your easily amused mate.

Anyway.

Il rephrase it, and see if I can get you to pee pee yourself with this cracker.....

We have NO desired destination! Ha... eh? Good eh?..

I would say its a safe bet to say that we aren't the only people in the history of emigrating who don't have a set 'destination'...
I've read only a few posts back someone "now in bc, via calgary and other places" .. what a crazy person eh??..

We are open to exploring any "chavvy" area.. if the jobs are on offer.
I'm sure wel have a wee recce trip to see if its chavvy enough..
And let's be honest coming from glasvegas, my wife and I don't want to go 'too' posh..
Somewhere with buckfast and cider bottles are haphazardly lying around the local park sounds good to me..

Oh and my wife does have a nursing degree.. the chav she is
Old Mar 26th 2012, 1:09 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh lovely day for a spot of fishing!...

Yep.
Its cos kids in Canada can be kids for longer... cos they're more polite and repectful to their elders.. and theres no drugs or anti-social behaviour... etc etc
No drugs!???
Old Mar 26th 2012, 1:18 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, there you go, she applies and you tag along. Since it'll take a while, two years maybe, to make it all happen you could retrain to develop a saleable skill while you wait.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 1:38 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
No drugs!???
I think he was being ironic.....or at least I hope he was.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dbd33
Well, there you go, she applies and you tag along. Since it'll take a while, two years maybe, to make it all happen you could retrain to develop a saleable skill while you wait.
Well that was the original plan. But the hoops she has to jump through makes it in no way guaranteed or straight forward..

By the length of time and money it could take for her to do her hoop jumping, Its just as good a bet for me to fly over and gain employment with a PR visa.. well, its an option anyway..
Old Mar 26th 2012, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tangram
I think he was being ironic.....or at least I hope he was.

Phew. Someone got it at least
Old Mar 26th 2012, 1:55 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Phew. Someone got it at least
thank goodness for that!
Old Mar 26th 2012, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lorry1
No drugs!???
Cmon, really?
Old Mar 26th 2012, 2:12 pm
The Brit is back

Cmon, really?
I kinda thought you were being sarcastic but you never can be to sure on this forum
Old Mar 26th 2012, 2:30 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad your easily amused mate.

Anyway.

Il rephrase it, and see if I can get you to pee pee yourself with this cracker.....

We have NO desired destination! Ha... eh? Good eh?..

I would say its a safe bet to say that we aren't the only people in the history of emigrating who don't have a set 'destination'...
I've read only a few posts back someone "now in bc, via calgary and other places" .. what a crazy person eh??..

We are open to exploring any "chavvy" area.. if the jobs are on offer.
I'm sure wel have a wee recce trip to see if its chavvy enough..
And let's be honest coming from glasvegas, my wife and I don't want to go 'too' posh..
Somewhere with buckfast and cider bottles are haphazardly lying around the local park sounds good to me..

You could always of go into public relations.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Aviator
You could always of go into public relations.
Or stand up comedy?
Old Mar 26th 2012, 2:49 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was the original plan. But the hoops she has to jump through makes it in no way guaranteed or straight forward..

By the length of time and money it could take for her to do her hoop jumping, Its just as good a bet for me to fly over and gain employment with a PR visa.. well, its an option anyway..
Shakes head.

Good luck whatever you do.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 2:50 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Or stand up comedy?
I don't think so, you'd have to be funny to do that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.