Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Confused.. Why Canada?

Confused.. Why Canada?

Old Nov 16th 2007, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Confused.. Why Canada?

Originally Posted by RodRos&Co.
No they are NOT representative of this community.

You have quoted 1 or a few peoples ie minority of peoples views.
Actually no, it wasn't just one. And there are others who mentioned the BNP, but I couldn't be bothered to post all the comments. Different people:

The "real" British people have got to wake up, smell the coffee and start voting BNP.
I personally believe thhat the problem cannot be dealt with even by
the BNP. We have to start considering radical alternatives and to me
that means the National Front.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:00 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
Actually no, it wasn't just one. And there are others who mentioned the BNP, but I couldn't be bothered to post all the comments. Different people:
The link is to the Torygraph's site. It's no wonder people there advocate joining the NDP.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iaink
Coming from a guy who would only marry a skinny chick and would get a divorce if they got too fat that takes the biscuit
Sure. How is that judgemental? If I marry a skinny chick and then a few years laters she balloons in size, just because she has gotten lazy and doesn't bother to take care of herself anymore, then you can bet she is going to get an ultimatum from me. What I thought I married is not what I got... that is is "bait and switch".

Guys who put up with that kind of crap from women are weak and have no respect for themselves.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:13 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Heres a little hint that might help you

You dont marry a fixed OBJECT, you marry a PERSON

Do these words ring any distant bells?

"For better, for worse,
For richer, for poorer,
In sickness and in health,
To love and to cherish,
'Till death do us part."

Never mind, its more than likely you will die an unloved lonely old man anyway, so dont concern yourself too much.

If I have to spell out how making decisions based wholey upon someones appearance is judgmental, then you are even dumber than Ive been giving you credit for.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:07 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Some interesting comments, but it did provide a bit of an answer to my initial question. Those moving to Canada are in the minority and it is by no means the "preferred country" for people looking to move out of the UK. From the link

Two of of the four(i.e. France and Spain) are in my list of countries that I am looking to move to and Canada does not even get a mention. I would suspect that out of those four, Spain is probably the most popular(anybody know?). A confirmation of sorts that I am on the right track. :
Try this link for a more reliable source of information than the telegraph.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...ml/default.stm

The extreme views you are seeing on the Telegraph site are coming about because the politicians have ignored the immigration problem in the UK. To get into Canada takes your skill to be cited in the skills shortage list, about 2-3 years wait with the application being supported by
  • written letters of reference for every employer in the last 10 years
  • police clearance from every place I have lived more than six months since the age of 18
  • full medical for all family members
  • the ability to demonstrate financial independence by showing 6 months of financial resources to support the family,
  • Notarised certificate of education to provide proof of validity, AND
  • Evidence of your ability to read, speak and write in one of the official languages.
The UK is just starting to thing about applying some sort of immigration controls along this front for Skilled Workers.

So politicians not answering peoples concerns on immigration has driven many to support the extremist view point. This is the same in other European countries because the EU politicians are not listening to EU populace.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Sure. How is that judgemental? If I marry a skinny chick and then a few years laters she balloons in size, just because she has gotten lazy and doesn't bother to take care of herself anymore, then you can bet she is going to get an ultimatum from me. What I thought I married is not what I got... that is is "bait and switch".

Guys who put up with that kind of crap from women are weak and have no respect for themselves.
your're not real are you!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:45 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by daft batty
you're not real are you!
Even though this thread is mildly entertaining I'll say it again.

STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!!!!!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:47 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Even though this thread is mildly entertaining I'll say it again.

STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!!!!!
Wheres the fun in that
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:54 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iaink
Wheres the fun in that
True I guess.

Perhaps I should have said stop tormenting him, it's fairly obvious he's not playing with a full deck.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link. My initial post was more of a query on why people wanted to move to Canada, rather than a question as to why people were leaving the UK, even though the subsequent discussion tended to focus more on the latter.

Some interesting comments, but it did provide a bit of an answer to my initial question. Those moving to Canada are in the minority and it is by no means the "preferred country" for people looking to move out of the UK. From the link:

Two of of the four(i.e. France and Spain) are in my list of countries that I am looking to move to and Canada does not even get a mention. I would suspect that out of those four, Spain is probably the most popular(anybody know?). A confirmation of sorts that I am on the right track.

I did find some of the comments by expats quite telling. Makes me wonder if it is representative of this community as well.

Just a thought - but - Canada is far harder to gain entry into than any other you list.
Wonder why that would be, EU accept anyone; hence the exodus from the UK!
Just a point for your consideration.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 10:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manghams
Just a thought - but - Canada is far harder to gain entry into than any other you list..
I doubt this is true, the proposed Blue Card will be as difficult to obtain as a Green one.

Originally Posted by manghams

Wonder why that would be, EU accept anyone; hence the exodus from the UK!
This is plainly not true, boatloads of people drown every year trying to reach fortress Europe.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Canuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is getting boring. Now watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPK46...eature=related

Old Nov 16th 2007, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canuck74

Sweaty Betty is one of my all time favourite tunes
Old Nov 16th 2007, 10:40 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Canuck74

Rather derivative and such dreadful accents. It's a great shame there aren't pits for them to go down anymore.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 10:46 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

I am neither old, nor overweight, or unattractive.
I thought Reggie Perrin was dead?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.