Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Community Identified Stream

Community Identified Stream

Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Community Identified Stream

Hello Adrian,
as has been commented at the time of our reccie the employment part was not part of the equation.Things change I understand that, but unfortunately It has left me with little time to change my strategy.
Ps I dont do BS
Best Regards
Arthur

Originally Posted by AdrianR
...this isn't a particularly helpful response but it does make point.
Whilst in NS you should have taken it upon yourself to make personal contact with potential line managers. That means, finding out which company is which, finding out the name of department heads etc and calling them to introduce yourself and suggest that you might think the world of them if you could pick their brains over the NS employment situation while taking coffee.

Don't speak to HR, don't answer the 'Help Wanted' ads...begin building a network of potentially useful contacts of those who are at a similar level to yourself and have an ear close to the ground.

Doing that at least half a dozen times will show CoRDA that you mean business. But don't try and BS Margot, she's a very sharp and well connected lady
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi edwinslad,
Many thanks for the link I will give that a go when I get home.

Cheers
Arty & Co

Originally Posted by edwinslad
Have you tried the pulp and paper industry?

http://www.mystfx.ca/academic/politi...meP&PFirms.htm
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Howefamily,
good luck with the PNP route it is a great scheme and Margot is a fantastic lady.I have been in contact with her and will see where we go from here.
Thanks for the post,hope to meet up one day overbye

Arty & Co

Originally Posted by Howefamily
We are going through the PNP route with Corda too. Can Margot be of any help regarding these kind of contacts? Can she suggest someone that you could contact there re employment?

I am an accountant so my contacts would be of no use to you but wishing you luck.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Nicky,
cheers for the support and good luck in NS ,it is a fantastic place.

Arty & Co

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Hi
We're off to Nova Scotia soon but I can't be of any help I'm afraid.

Just thought I'd send you a reply to say "good luck" though.

Nicky
Old Nov 1st 2010, 4:52 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Arty,

I've heard of a few people that have had luck with contacting employment agencies to confirm their skills are in demand so that may be the way to go. Can you make another trip out to Canada for perhaps a few days? Even if you go out by yourself and contact prospective employers before you leave asking for a meeting whilst out there? Having a face to face chat would probably help employers provide you with a letter regarding your skills. I know there was someone staying at the same B&B as us in NS who was also out in his recce hoping to go via the CIS and he was only there for a few days and had left his family behind whilst he made contact with employers. He got his nomination a few weeks after us I believe. Good luck!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 5:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flipance
Seeing that you have visited NS once I fail to see what possible ties you think you have.
Just fyi, numerous people that have applied under the CIS (successfully, I should add) have only visited once so Arty certainly isn't alone. I understand that it may get tougher soon, but atm usually one visit is sufficient (depending on the RDA).

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 1st 2010 at 6:01 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi christmasoompa,
many thanks for confirming this
, per chance you dont happen own a Petro- Chemical company or the like and be willing to assess my Resume and confirm I am employable in my chosen field lol

Cheers
Arthur & Family

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just fyi, numerous people that have applied under the CIS (successfully, I should add) have only visited once so Arty certainly isn't alone. I understand that it may get tougher soon, but atm usually one visit is sufficient (depending on the RDA).

Old Nov 1st 2010, 8:47 pm
887 lb pumpkin

flipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

Hey I am not trying to sink anyones boat, just being realistic, From the Nova Scotia immigration website......

The Community Identified stream of the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) is aimed at selecting individuals who have long established connections to a Nova Scotia community, wish to live there permanently, and are employable and can contribute to the labour market and economy of that specific community.

One visit is hardly long established in my eyes, perhaps it is just as well that I am not an immigration officer!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Flipance,
no worries about sinking my boat ,to late I reckon I am more suited to being a submariner ,boat well and truly sunk.Not by your post just things in general.

Arthur & Co

Hey I am not trying to sink anyones boat, just being realistic, From the Nova Scotia immigration website......

The Community Identified stream of the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) is aimed at selecting individuals who have long established connections to a Nova Scotia community, wish to live there permanently, and are employable and can contribute to the labour market and economy of that specific community.

One visit is hardly long established in my eyes, perhaps it is just as well that I am not an immigration officer!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:01 pm
887 lb pumpkin

flipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Arty
Hi Flipance,
no worries about sinking my boat ,to late I reckon I am more suited to being a submariner ,boat well and truly sunk.Not by your post just things in general.

Arthur & Co
Now that is a shame, if you mean you won't be coming over and joining us?
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought this too. But, if you look at what others had done on here to get approved, you would realise that, in most cases, a pulse and a willingness to move there was all that was required.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well as my old Granny used to say whats for you wont go by you.

Dive dive dive.
Now that is a shame, if you mean you won't be coming over and joining us?
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:14 pm
887 lb pumpkin

Originally Posted by Arty
Well as my old Granny used to say whats for you wont go by you.

Dive dive dive.
Not sure I understand?
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

JSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant future

Hi again, my point was couldnt you make your wife the main applicant, she would not have any difficulty getting proof that her skills are transferable or have you already done this? just a thought as we know that applicants we have worked with have switched .
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JSHalifax
Hi again, my point was couldnt you make your wife the main applicant, she would not have any difficulty getting proof that her skills are transferable or have you already done this? just a thought as we know that applicants we have worked with have switched .

Hi JSHalifax,
We had thought of using Alison for the main applicant,but are working on a solution to the problem we find ourselves in.

Cheers for the reply.

Arthur &Co

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.