Reload this Page >

Coming To Canada !!!

Coming To Canada !!!

Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Talking Re: Coming To Canada !!!

Originally Posted by squarepants
Ah.....am right, where did that come from my friend, also did you get my pm? I know am right, voice of reason and all that ( just kidding before they start coming out of the woodwork at me )
Now, now, don't let it "go to your head" because I agree with you on something - you never know what's around the corner.

And yes, thanks I did get your pm and am in total agreement!!!!!! (in secret code - so I hope you know what I mean)!!!!
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:36 am
squarepants

Default Re: Coming To Canada !!!

I know what is around the corner, a heart of kindness Are you saying you don't want me to milk this?

Originally Posted by willmore
Now, now, don't let it "go to your head" because I agree with you on something - you never know what's around the corner.

And yes, thanks I did get your pm and am in total agreement!!!!!! (in secret code - so I hope you know what I mean)!!!!

Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:49 am
squarepants

Flashman.....This how much they love the royal family in the UK:

http://www9.sbs.com.au/theworldnews/...94088&region=3

Old Sep 13th 2004, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know what is around the corner, a heart of kindness Are you saying you don't want me to milk this?
I wouldn't expect anything less than for you to "milk this" for all it's worth!!!!! The heart of kindness - well, ok for now...until you get my temper going again!!!!!
Old Sep 14th 2004, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

I will go with #1, the rest I'll have to disagree with, did you see all the demo and riots at the time of the war in the UK, how many brits do you know that really go on about the queen and her kids, and where did you get that, that people believed Blair?.
The Queen, the Royals and the Aristocracy are still around aren't they?

So is Blair and if he gets reelected I'll rest my case.

You might have been away too long Flash, I mean who is this country going to be competitive with, the U.S, when everything basically comes from there. The UK has to be that way, because of other countries in Europe, and the whole EU thing.

Start listening to radio online ( LBC is a good one, and other talk stations ), and you might change your opinion on things.
You might be missing the point about Canada. It's more collaborative than competitive. A lot of things come from Canada too such as oil, gas and soon water.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 2:22 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flashman
The Queen, the Royals and the Aristocracy are still around aren't they?
They are good for tourism, and turkeys dont vote for Xmas, so its hard to get rid of them. I think a lot of people follow the royals like a soap, but dont have any great respect anymore. Sells a lot of papers though doesnt it! Its not as if Canada is immune from all the celebrity related gossip sheets and "Star TV" either, so I'm not sure there is a lot of distinction between canada and the UK that way, although maybe its a little easier to avoid here.
Originally Posted by flashman
So is Blair and if he gets reelected I'll rest my case.
Unfortunately elections are seldom fought and won over one policy decision, and until there is a viable alternative again Labour will continue to be elected, rather like the liberals here in Canada. Doesnt mean people approve, its just the lesser of the evils on offer.

Last edited by iaink; Sep 14th 2004 at 2:39 am.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by iaink
They are good for tourism, and turkeys dont vote for Xmas, so its hard to get rid of them. I think a lot of people follow the royals like a soap, but dont have any great respect anymore. Sells a lot of papers though doesnt it! Its not as if Canada is immune from all the celebrity related gossip sheets and "Star TV" either, so I'm not sure there is a lot of distinction between canada and the UK that way, although maybe its a little easier to avoid here.

When we were in the UK - I went on a 1/2 tour of the city - and I would say at least 1/2 of it was about the royal family, etc. The people on the tour just "ate it up".....personally if I had known I would have found another tour company to take the tour with.

Unfortunately elections are seldom fought and won over one policy decision, and until there is a viable alternative again Labour will continue to be elected, rather like the liberals here in Canada. Doesnt mean people approve, its just the lesser of the evils on offer.
That's really true.....we voted Liberal federally this last election...not because we particularly liked Martin....but Harper with his racist views of social issues was not a option for us....I think that's why we ended up with a minority govt. Martin seemd to be the lesser of two evils.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 5:47 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

That's really true.....we voted Liberal federally this last election...not because we particularly liked Martin....but Harper with his racist views of social issues was not a option for us....I think that's why we ended up with a minority govt. Martin seemd to be the lesser of two evils.
Racist views? What was that about?
Old Sep 14th 2004, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rhodes
Racist views? What was that about?
Well, in my opinion Harper's view of gay marriages, abortions, womens' rights, etc were going to take Canada back to the "dark ages" the exact direction that the State's is going.......when he was called on it....him and staff started back-tracking so fast....they were lost in the dust.

No way, I could in any good conscience vote for a man with those ideals!!!!!
Old Sep 14th 2004, 6:57 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Well, in my opinion Harper's view of gay marriages, abortions, womens' rights, etc were going to take Canada back to the "dark ages" the exact direction that the State's is going.......when he was called on it....him and staff started back-tracking so fast....they were lost in the dust.

No way, I could in any good conscience vote for a man with those ideals!!!!!
Thats not exactly racist...just standard "conservative" thinking isnt it?
Old Sep 14th 2004, 7:26 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

I can't see how it is racist at all; if you disagree with whatever he said, that's another matter. Unless he said other things that were racist, of course.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rhodes
I can't see how it is racist at all; if you disagree with whatever he said, that's another matter. Unless he said other things that were racist, of course.
Ok. Ok. let's be technical - of course, I along with many Canadians viewed his comments on these subjects as - let's change the word then to "discriminatory"......at the very least against minority groups. Of course, I and many others disagreed on these policies....hence the reason he wasn't elected
Old Sep 14th 2004, 10:16 am
squarepants

Erm.....are we still on the coming to canada topic here then?

Old Sep 14th 2004, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Erm.....are we still on the coming to canada topic here then?
Yes wise guy - aren't political parties, political leaders and elections all part of "coming to canada - in a very broad sort of ......maybe a little off-topic way????? Use your imagination........
Old Sep 14th 2004, 10:23 am
squarepants

Just can't help it can, taking a pop? I was on about the rascist stuff issues in some of the posts.

Yes wise guy - aren't political parties, political leaders and elections all part of "coming to canada - in a very broad sort of ......maybe a little off-topic way????? Use your imagination........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.