Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

College/University fees for international students.

College/University fees for international students.

Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Cedricj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default College/University fees for international students.

Hey everyone, I'v been looking through some colleges and universities in Nova Scotia, and I noticed that they charge almost double for international students... What I wanted to know is, when I have emigrated there with my parents, how long will it take until I am not an international student? Sorry if this is confusing, I have tried to email a few advisers but I am getting automated responses that wont answer my question, only side stepping it....
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:30 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: College/University fees for international students.

It's based on home address so you might be alright as soon as you have PR in NS. My daughter went to a school in NS while nominally resident in Ontario and paid out of state fees (or rather, oos fees were paid on her behalf). She then moved to a school in Quebec, the first year's fees were at the oos rate, after that she was considered resident; I'd think this is the worst case for you.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Cedricj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: College/University fees for international students.

Ah thanks thats a lot of help, because I dont quite think I would be able to convince my parents to dish out $12,000 in tuition fees if I was considered an international student.

Last edited by Cedricj; Aug 30th 2010 at 2:35 pm. Reason: didnt thank the poster!