Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

cleanliness of Canada Parks????

cleanliness of Canada Parks????

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:10 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cleanliness of Canada Parks????

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
I have no idea where that is

I may have to google.
It's a suburb typical of Canada in consisting of identical box houses that are squished closely together. It's a suburb of Toronto but any planned development is similar.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

christ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, my dad took the kids to Clitheroe castle on Sat Aft - incidentally it was shut!!!!!!!!!

Its horrible isnt it, there was an article in one local newspaper about used hypodermic needles strewn around the swings............:curse:
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:11 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 6mathers
Its horrible isnt it, there was an article in one local newspaper about used hypodermic needles strewn around the swings............:curse:
Something with which I'm concerned whenever I take my dog to the park. He doesn't shit of course, being Canadian, but is in constant danger of being pricked.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbd33
Something with which I'm concerned whenever I take my dog to the park. He doesn't shit of course, being Canadian, but is in constant danger of being pricked.
LOL you sarky chap.....or chapess...
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

blimey what have I done to be titled a "senior member"???,........
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's a suburb typical of Canada in consisting of identical box houses that are squished closely together. It's a suburb of Toronto but any planned development is similar.
ahh rubbish that is Rochdale....
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:17 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

I was just reading about it. Its doubled in population in the last two decades.

Canada's sixth-most populous municipality as it states on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississauga
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:17 pm
Assimilated Pauper

LOL you sarky chap.....or chapess...
National Parks, Provincial Parks, generally very clean. Local parks in urban areas not so much. Local parks in areas of high density cramped housing, dirty with lots of turds and needles. Those things are not different in Canada. It may be possible for an immigrant to set up in a nicer area than they could in the UK though with falling UK house prices isn't the safe bet it once was.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
I was just reading about it. Its doubled in population in the last two decades.
Yes, low taxes due to constant expansion over farm land; each new house brings in a "lot levy".
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:20 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

blimey what have I done to be titled a "senior member"???,........
Aged a little in BE time
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:22 pm

Yes, low taxes due to constant expansion over farm land; each new house brings in a "lot levy".
Low taxes How dare they that's one of the reasons we moved to Alberta
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:52 pm
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

Originally Posted by act1980
I visited Toronto last year and I have to say that I thought it was spotless compared to over here! That's the city so I am sure parks just outside cities are even cleaner!
Me too, and we even saw one man shout at a woman "if you are going to let your dog cr*p all over my lawn you pick it up or you p*ss off back to the UK, we respect each others properties here" - didn't much like his language but loved the sentiment.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Don't let Hazel hear your views on her beloved utopia. Actually, it has been shown that lot levies and annual property taxes on single family homes don't, in the long run, pay for themselves. Multiple unit properties, apartments and definately commercial tax rates even things out as they generally cover the shortfall that single family homes create. This tends to work out for most municipalities in Ontario.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:18 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by clynnog
Don't let Hazel hear your views on her beloved utopia. Actually, it has been shown that lot levies and annual property taxes on single family homes don't, in the long run, pay for themselves. Multiple unit properties, apartments and definately commercial tax rates even things out as they generally cover the shortfall that single family homes create. This tends to work out for most municipalities in Ontario.
I didn't mean to suggest any long term balance in the tax plan. Just that, in the short term, the taxes on existing properties are subsidized by the revenue from constant expansion. Presumably, when Mississauga stretches to Tobermory, this'll come to a halt and taxes will have to rise.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:28 pm
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

This half term, I took my three youngest to our "local" attractions - we went to Hollingworth Lake near to us for a cycle round.... I spent the entire time saying mind that dog poo!!!! watch where you are cycling etc etc and couldn't help but notice all the bins were overflowing and it was quite depressing. Then we went to Heaton Park near Manchester the next day, we were soo disappointed again at the amount of dog cr@p and the amount of litter was horrendous - it was really awful - why do us brits not look after our nature areas and parks. I am so looking forward to our recce in summer to Vancouver and Okanagan and hope when we are there I will not be spending my time dodging the dog poo and cringing at the amount of litter!!!!
Ah yes, same here in 'beautiful Cornwall'.

Someone who lets their dog cr@p on the grass verge outside my house, right next where my car is parked so that myself and the kids have to do a balancing act to get in the car; on the way to my kids school on a residential area, through a children's playground, every day we are dodging the poo, I am saying the same 'mind the poo, mind the poo'. Some of the beaches here and parks are disgusting.

Some people just don't give a hoot, I give them a bit of verbal if I see that they don't intend cleaning it up and hand them a bag myself (one of these days I'll probably get a smack in the mouth, lol).

Kaz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.