Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

cleanliness of Canada Parks????

cleanliness of Canada Parks????

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold
Default cleanliness of Canada Parks????

This half term, I took my three youngest to our "local" attractions - we went to Hollingworth Lake near to us for a cycle round.... I spent the entire time saying mind that dog poo!!!! watch where you are cycling etc etc and couldn't help but notice all the bins were overflowing and it was quite depressing. Then we went to Heaton Park near Manchester the next day, we were soo disappointed again at the amount of dog cr@p and the amount of litter was horrendous - it was really awful - why do us brits not look after our nature areas and parks. I am so looking forward to our recce in summer to Vancouver and Okanagan and hope when we are there I will not be spending my time dodging the dog poo and cringing at the amount of litter!!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

mayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud of
Default Re: cleanliness of Canada Parks????

Hi that's one thing that we did notice and people have commented on our photos of how clean every where is. The facilities are there and used, but I think there have stricter litter laws enforced, which should be done here in the UK.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:54 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about stricter litter laws, I think people here are just less inclined to leave their litter around in Parks. Plus there always seems to be a litter bin fairly close in the more populated parts of a Park.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:35 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Oh there are plenty of people around here that don't bother picking up their dog poo and I'm not just talking about at the dog park either. It's disgusting and irresponsible.:curse:

I think, where litter is concerned it's more about the wildlife, especially in bear country. Also it does help that the litter bins are emptied regularly, so there is somewhere to put the litter. Mind you this time of year everywhere looks really scraggy, when the snow disappears there will be community litter pick ups and the place will look a whole lot tidier.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:49 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 6mathers
.... I spent the entire time saying mind that dog poo!!!! watch where you are cycling etc etc
Topic of the morning on the local radio for the beaches here in the GTA

I think we just have much more goose poo, so on first sight the dog poo looks less
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

This half term, I took my three youngest to our "local" attractions - we went to Hollingworth Lake near to us for a cycle round.... I spent the entire time saying mind that dog poo!!!! watch where you are cycling etc etc and couldn't help but notice all the bins were overflowing and it was quite depressing. Then we went to Heaton Park near Manchester the next day, we were soo disappointed again at the amount of dog cr@p and the amount of litter was horrendous - it was really awful - why do us brits not look after our nature areas and parks. I am so looking forward to our recce in summer to Vancouver and Okanagan and hope when we are there I will not be spending my time dodging the dog poo and cringing at the amount of litter!!!!
I visited Toronto last year and I have to say that I thought it was spotless compared to over here! That's the city so I am sure parks just outside cities are even cleaner!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

We couldn't get over how clean and tidy Canada was when we came for our Recci in August. I was so grateful that i could take my three year old daughter to the playparks to use the swings etc and she was able to fully enjoy herself without having to dodge the smashed beer bottles!

We left sunny Cheshire on 5th February to begin our new life in Alberta. Just before we left I called into my local supermarket for some bits and bobs.
It was raining (that real fine stuff that wets you through) and there were two council bods on their hands and knees trying to scrape up all the chewing gum that was stuck like glue to the pavevement( an endless task).

It's such a shame that there is such a lack of respect now in England. and as always is the case,:curse: the mindless minority spoil it for the majority.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 3:39 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

People still litter in Canada.

I also see Dog Poo here as well and some graffiti so please don't think it is perfect here.

The one thing that really gets to me is the empty Timmys cartons left on the shelves in shops. They can carry them around all over when they are full but once empty, lets leave them....... anywhere.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

yea, we live in a little "town" and it has a small park, the Council decided to build a skate park for the teenagers to stop them hanging around the little ones play area, so what do you think happened.

My 14 year old went down with his mates and skate boards and bikes only to find p**ssed up 17/18 year olds hanging around it intimidating the younger teenagers................, and smashed bottles and cigarette butts strewn around the place......anyway he couldnt play there with his mates so they all came back to mine, kicked a footie about for a while in the street until the old wrinklies who have grown up long gone kids shouted at them all to go away........... heyho who'd be 14 again

What I want for my lot is to be able to go somewhere and be a kid, - to have room to flippin breathe................

Thats my grumble for the day...
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 4:55 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

yea, we live in a little "town" and it has a small park, the Council decided to build a skate park for the teenagers to stop them hanging around the little ones play area, so what do you think happened.

My 14 year old went down with his mates and skate boards and bikes only to find p**ssed up 17/18 year olds hanging around it intimidating the younger teenagers................, and smashed bottles and cigarette butts strewn around the place......anyway he couldnt play there with his mates so they all came back to mine, kicked a footie about for a while in the street until the old wrinklies who have grown up long gone kids shouted at them all to go away........... heyho who'd be 14 again

What I want for my lot is to be able to go somewhere and be a kid, - to have room to flippin breathe................

Thats my grumble for the day...

One of the problems with England is the place is over built and no one has there personal space anymore.

Houses are built so close together that in England we all used to annoy each other.

Any green space is built on. In Canada its so vast and they don't seem to have that problem.

Its funny, I was told the teenagers don't hang around on the streets here much in Alberta because its either too bloody cold or too hot
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 4:59 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
Any green space is built on. In Canada its so vast and they don't seem to have that problem.
How then do you account for Mississauga?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

hanging around on streets is what teenagers do ha, we were all one once,,,, but some of the older ones can be very intimidating especially with the alcohol in them...!!! - sometimes I think teenagers get a bad press but half the time they only have themselves to blame.. What teenager with an ounce of respect would smash their empty beer bottles on a young childrens play area - that sort of thing I dont think we ever did as a teen. anyway thats another grumble definitely no more coming....
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33
How then do you account for Mississauga?
I have no idea where that is

I may have to google.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

me either....
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:04 pm

hanging around on streets is what teenagers do ha, we were all one once,,,, but some of the older ones can be very intimidating especially with the alcohol in them...!!! - sometimes I think teenagers get a bad press but half the time they only have themselves to blame.. What teenager with an ounce of respect would smash their empty beer bottles on a young childrens play area - that sort of thing I dont think we ever did as a teen. anyway thats another grumble definitely no more coming....
That's nothing. Read this and Clitheroe was a lovely place to live.

http://www.clitheroeadvertiser.co.uk...ril.4128558.jp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.