Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

child care and child benefit

child care and child benefit

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: child care and child benefit

Yes you will have paid...but the government will have forgotten that...after all they will have long since used 'your' contributions to fund the current welfare state....so they will look at those paying in on the day to fund your retirement....they don't save your money to be used for you...after all and they may have plundered the pensions pots that did exist...like here in the UK..
My point is that we should not get too hung up on what our taxes are used for as we do not get a say....whatever the Government decides will happen will happen...so save the Blood pressure....Breathe...
lol
Stef
Originally Posted by el_richo
In theory, i'll have paid for my own pension and a chunk of my healthcare needs over the length of my life, assuming i live long enough.

I'm not sure what your point is though?
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 1:49 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Yes you will have paid...but the government will have forgotten that...after all they will have long since used 'your' contributions to fund the current welfare state....so they will look at those paying in on the day to fund your retirement....they don't save your money to be used for you...after all and they may have plundered the pensions pots that did exist...like here in the UK..
My point is that we should not get too hung up on what our taxes are used for as we do not get a say....whatever the Government decides will happen will happen...so save the Blood pressure....Breathe...
lol
Stef
<Takes deep breath>
<Exhales>

So what you're saying is that if i didn't contribute to child support, these children will not become stable contributors to society? Then i blame the parents

You are right about governments though. Still doesn't make it right.

Booo
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

No
Didn't say that about you contributing to child support etc. What I did say was that we don't get the choice how the Gov spend our taxes....so should not get in a state over it. Child Benefit is after all only one small area where the money is spent. Whether or not they become stable contributors...we don't have much control over that...sadly either....but even if you are a good parent, with all the right value sets...your kids can still turn out to be different
Just keep breathing
lol
Stef
<Takes deep breath>
<Exhales>

So what you're saying is that if i didn't contribute to child support, these children will not become stable contributors to society? Then i blame the parents

You are right about governments though. Still doesn't make it right.

Booo
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 1:58 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

No
Didn't say that about you contributing to child support etc. What I did say was that we don't get the choice how the Gov spend our taxes....so should not get in a state over it. Child Benefit is after all only one small area where the money is spent. Whether or not they become stable contributors...we don't have much control over that...sadly either....but even if you are a good parent, with all the right value sets...your kids can still turn out to be different
Just keep breathing
lol
Stef
<Holds Breath>
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don't hold for too long......
lol
Stef
<Holds Breath>
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

No
Just keep breathing
lol
Stef
This only applies if you don't vote, if you don't, you have no reason to complain. If you do vote, you obtain the government you deserve, (yes, I know your one vote counts for very little but you could get involved in the administration of the party you wish to vote for and could have a bigger impact than your single vote would suggest) so have no reason to complain.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:26 pm
Beep

Don't hold for too long......
lol
Stef
<Blacks out>
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

HELP call 911
lol
Stef
<Blacks out>
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

But my point was that the 'little people' are not consulted on how the Gov spends taxes. Yes you can speak...but are rarely heard.
lol
Stef
Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
This only applies if you don't vote, if you don't, you have no reason to complain. If you do vote, you obtain the government you deserve, (yes, I know your one vote counts for very little but you could get involved in the administration of the party you wish to vote for and could have a bigger impact than your single vote would suggest) so have no reason to complain.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

But my point was that the 'little people' are not consulted on how the Gov spends taxes. Yes you can speak...but are rarely heard.
lol
Stef
Poll tax - the end of Mrs. Thatcher's leadership - the little people can be heard if they choose to, if they don't, they have basis upon which to complain.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

debsi1380 is just really nicedebsi1380 is just really nicedebsi1380 is just really nicedebsi1380 is just really nicedebsi1380 is just really nicedebsi1380 is just really nicedebsi1380 is just really nicedebsi1380 is just really nice

just to update, our paperwork keeps getting more complicated, ive passed the ielts test, we now need 4 passport photos not two we also need all origional educational certificates notirized and sealed transcripts from university etc etc so our papers r still not submitted. y didnt he just tell us all this instead of drip feed us its just delay after delay and daughters baby due in 2 weeks so gawd will that alter her application now cos she will b a mother b4 application submitted.........

debs
Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

hellcats is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: child care and child benefit

Originally Posted by dbd33
But no one makes a rational decision to have children. The sort of person given to that level of reasoned analysis doesn't reproduce.
I did.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:51 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hellcats
I did.
What were the main planks of the Business Case for Breeding?
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:24 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
What were the main planks of the Business Case for Breeding?
Maybe they are pre-malthusian farmers from a developing country.