Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cheshire is closed!

Wikiposts

Cheshire is closed!

Old Mar 1st 2006, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold
Default Cheshire is closed!

Cheshire is at a standstill because of a bit of snow. Chaos on the roads. Naturally, I suppose the same would happen in Canada with an inch of snow underfoot.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:33 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheshire is closed!

Originally Posted by Gray C
Cheshire is at a standstill because of a bit of snow. Chaos on the roads. Naturally, I suppose the same would happen in Canada with an inch of snow underfoot.
PMSL!! We were supposed to get some down here, too, but so far so good.

I don't imagine anything less than 12 inches counts as snowfall in Canada, does it!?

Have you had "That Letter" yet, btw?
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I came from Cheshire, and recall the bad management if a snowflake fell

Now, I can't imagine what it would be like to be in snow

Cas

In Aus...just thought I'd pop in here as I saw the thread title.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 2:46 am
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I came from Cheshire, and recall the bad management if a snowflake fell

Ahhhh bless...................Good old Cheshire. My home county too. Heres what has just been dumped on us in Sherwood Park, Alberta.

Its beautiful light fluffy snow............not the icy stuff you get back home .....yet !!
Attached Thumbnails Cheshire is closed!-snowfall-march-06.jpg   Cheshire is closed!-piling-up.jpg   Cheshire is closed!-snow-down-street.jpg  
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 3:02 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R2D2
Ahhhh bless...................Good old Cheshire. My home county too. Heres what has just been dumped on us in Sherwood Park, Alberta.

Its beautiful light fluffy snow............not the icy stuff you get back home .....yet !!
Thats not real snowfall. We had another 20cm last night to add to the 70cm we got over the weekend and ontop of the 1.2m we've had so far in Feb/March! After the backhoe had been in to clear the drive we now have piles of snow 12ft high. I'll take some pictures at the weekend. Its quite impressive! And we have more to come this weekend.

My last snowfall experience before leaving Uk was a sudden 'dump' of at least 4cm in Essex which led to traffic snarlups, 2hrs to do a 30min drive and a coworker spending the night on the M11. I find this very difficult to explain to my Canadian friends here as they shovel out!

AX
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 3:07 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

According to the beeb there has been "as much as" 10cm of the white stuff in the nations extremities, and Arctic temperatures "as low as" -7°C

Yesterday in Sunny Belleville Ont:
Max Temp -4.3
Min Temp -20.6

My crocodile tears are freezing
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Thats not real snowfall. We had another 20cm last night to add to the 70cm we got over the weekend and ontop of the 1.2m we've had so far in Feb/March! After the backhoe had been in to clear the drive we now have piles of snow 12ft high. I'll take some pictures at the weekend. Its quite impressive! And we have more to come this weekend.

My last snowfall experience before leaving Uk was a sudden 'dump' of at least 4cm in Essex which led to traffic snarlups, 2hrs to do a 30min drive and a coworker spending the night on the M11. I find this very difficult to explain to my Canadian friends here as they shovel out!

AX

I remember a dumping (well about 5cm) in feb 2002 just before I came here, I remember waking up at 6am with my brother to go to work in the city, I saw the snow got a drink of water and we both went back to bed. LOL its so normal to just not go to work back home if its bad especially with traveling the misery line.

PPl here cannot understand that, they go to work whatever the weather.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 3:27 am
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

AX
My goodness, and I thought we had a lot !!!! This is the first major snowfall we have seen this winter here in Alberta, so it seems a lot to us, (coming from Cheshire that is !!)
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Wild George will become famous soon enoughWild George will become famous soon enough

I thought that all you Newffies would still be snowed in the bar celebrating the 'Wonderful-Good' big win. Do you get Scrumpy Jack over there...I miss it sooo much.
Keep warm and keep yer broom on the ice.

AX
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Cheshire and there was two inches of snow on my car this morning.

Ali
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Bethan2 will become famous soon enoughBethan2 will become famous soon enough

10" here in North Wales over the last two days (according to the news just on) so that's us thrown into chaos - no newspapers, milk, bread or postal service and - you've guessed it - no gritting! My hens were funny - I made them some warm mashed potato to warm their tums and they all stood in it warming their feet!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 5:42 am
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bethan2
My hens were funny - I made them some warm mashed potato to warm their tums and they all stood in it warming their feet!
AAwwww!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 5:44 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Our cat has not really been outside for a week cos of the snow and is not at all happy about this state of affairs. He made a break through the opened door earlier and jumped straight into a snowdrift that came up to his ears. He was even less impressed with this experience and retired back to the couch to recuperate. Its a tough life...
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Our cat has not really been outside for a week cos of the snow and is not at all happy about this state of affairs. He made a break through the opened door earlier and jumped straight into a snowdrift that came up to his ears. He was even less impressed with this experience and retired back to the couch to recuperate. Its a tough life...
Hahahaha our shitzu Monty is the same way, we had a dumping early saturday morning and i took him out around 7.30am before anyone had walked through it. Bless him 5 more CM and wed have lost him. he was ploughing through i, he loves the snow. However his Mommy doesnt like the mess and clean up when he gets in.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:30 am
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice

I live in Chester and a normal drive towork takes me 10 minutes , today it took 55 minutes, by 1pm all the snow had gone!!
Mad or what

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.