Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cheapest time to book flights to Van?

Cheapest time to book flights to Van?

Old Mar 14th 2014, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Nymeria is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheapest time to book flights to Van?

Hi guys. I was just wondering if anybody knew the best/cheapest time to book flights to Vancouver from the UK, one way?

Myself and my friend are heading out to Whistler on an IEC WHV and are wanting to go at the end of September.

The best offer we've found so far is £289 on sep 26th which is pretty good! We were going to book the flight next week but I just want to make sure if there's a better time to do it rather than pay potentially more now.

I'm also right in thinking that the best way to get to Whistler is fly to Vancouver and then take the Greyhound bus?

Any tips to getting there and advice on good deal flights would be much appreciated
Old Mar 14th 2014, 10:24 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest time to book flights to Van?

The Pacific Coach Lines shuttle from the Airport to Whistler is the most convenient if you don't want to stop off in Vancouver itself. It costs $72 which is quite a bit more than Greyhound ($17 if prepaid) but you save on the cost and hassle of getting from the airport to the bus station.

You do tend to meet a more interesting cross section of people on Greyhound.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 10:48 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nymeria
Hi guys. I was just wondering if anybody knew the best/cheapest time to book flights to Vancouver from the UK, one way?

Myself and my friend are heading out to Whistler on an IEC WHV and are wanting to go at the end of September.

The best offer we've found so far is £289 on sep 26th which is pretty good! We were going to book the flight next week but I just want to make sure if there's a better time to do it rather than pay potentially more now.

I'm also right in thinking that the best way to get to Whistler is fly to Vancouver and then take the Greyhound bus?

Any tips to getting there and advice on good deal flights would be much appreciated
No way to tell. Thursday is usually the cheapest day. If you find a fare you are happy with, book it and don't keep checking if it has gone down.

Same with FX, get a rate you are happy with and take it. Trying to chase the best rate is like chasing rainbows.
Old Mar 15th 2014, 8:10 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

September is usually one of the cheapest months for flights

£289 is very cheap though
Old Mar 15th 2014, 8:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

If you found a fare you agree with book it.
Old Mar 15th 2014, 4:56 pm
Banned

Dulciusexasperis is a splendid one to beholdDulciusexasperis is a splendid one to beholdDulciusexasperis is a splendid one to beholdDulciusexasperis is a splendid one to beholdDulciusexasperis is a splendid one to beholdDulciusexasperis is a splendid one to beholdDulciusexasperis is a splendid one to beholdDulciusexasperis is a splendid one to beholdDulciusexasperis is a splendid one to beholdDulciusexasperis is a splendid one to beholdDulciusexasperis is a splendid one to behold

Ditto on book what you find and can afford.

Most airlines these days use 'dynamic pricing' which means prices change in real time. What you see now could change an hour from now. There is no 'best' time to book.
Old Mar 15th 2014, 4:59 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dulciusexasperis
There is no 'best' time to book.
There is, weekend Friday to Sunday cost more, as a rule Thursday is cheaper. Peak season costs more, off season is cheaper. Charters cost less than scheds, booking too far in advance can cost more then a couple of months before departure.

However it is a crap shoot and as a few have said, if you consider th fare to be OK, just buy it.
Old Mar 15th 2014, 6:02 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dulciusexasperis
Ditto on book what you find and can afford.

Most airlines these days use 'dynamic pricing' which means prices change in real time. What you see now could change an hour from now. There is no 'best' time to book.
Also tracking knowing you're checking them as well.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
September is usually one of the cheapest months for flights

£289 is very cheap though
I agree that is a great price. I would be surprised if they would lower that price at all.

Tim
Old Mar 16th 2014, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

TheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond repute

The cheapest I've ever found was just over £150 one way from Gatwick in early October, which was on Canadian Affair, but the weight restrictions for luggage is pretty tight. And it wasn't exactly a great flight.

I'd book a £289 flight in September, September is a nice month to get into Vancouver.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
The Pacific Coach Lines shuttle from the Airport to Whistler is the most convenient if you don't want to stop off in Vancouver itself. It costs $72 which is quite a bit more than Greyhound ($17 if prepaid) but you save on the cost and hassle of getting from the airport to the bus station.

You do tend to meet a more interesting cross section of people on Greyhound.
A SkyTrain + Greyhound journey would definitely be an interesting introduction to the locals! haha
Old Mar 16th 2014, 8:20 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burks
A SkyTrain + Greyhound journey would definitely be an interesting introduction to the locals! haha
If greyhounds are anything like the the ones on the west coast of the USA I would avoid them.

See if the boltbus travels to whistler - they are much nicer and cleaner!
Old Mar 16th 2014, 8:53 am
Bex in the city

I've just had a look at 26th September it says £395 from gatwick are you flying from Manchester/Glasgow then?
Old Mar 16th 2014, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Just a hint. When researching flights online, clear your browser cookies after each visit to the site,otherwise the system knows you are looking at the same route and will likely increase the price. Thats done in order to get you to book!
By clearing cookies, you look like a first time visitor to the site so you tend to get the same price so can do your research and then go back to the best value.
Oh, 289 to YVL in September is a steal! take it and go!
Old Mar 16th 2014, 9:27 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by quiltman
Just a hint. When researching flights online, clear your browser cookies after each visit to the site,otherwise the system knows you are looking at the same route and will likely increase the price. Thats done in order to get you to book!
By clearing cookies, you look like a first time visitor to the site so you tend to get the same price so can do your research and then go back to the best value.
Oh, 289 to YVL in September is a steal! take it and go!

Good tip but didn't work for me still says £395.

I looked at May flights and there was one for £240 how come there are cheaper flights sooner then September - I would have thought September would be cheaper as there are no major holidays then and it's 5 months away?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.