Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cheaper Air Canada flights

Cheaper Air Canada flights

Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold
Default Cheaper Air Canada flights

Just decided to book a flight Ottawa-LHR in September. On AirCanada.com website it came out to Ca$982. I thought I'd poke around and I found that some of the online travel agents use BMI to book Air Canada flights - something to do with codesharing. So I went direct to BMI (flybmi.com) to book the flight and got it for Ca$732. Both these prices include all taxes. So I saved $250 but I'll be on the same aircraft, and probably in the same seat as if I'd booked direct with Air Canada.
Take a look and you'll see what I mean...

$250 cheaper!!!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheaper Air Canada flights

Originally Posted by Snave
Just decided to book a flight Ottawa-LHR in September. On AirCanada.com website it came out to Ca$982. I thought I'd poke around and I found that some of the online travel agents use BMI to book Air Canada flights - something to do with codesharing. So I went direct to BMI (flybmi.com) to book the flight and got it for Ca$732. Both these prices include all taxes. So I saved $250 but I'll be on the same aircraft, and probably in the same seat as if I'd booked direct with Air Canada.
Take a look and you'll see what I mean...

$250 cheaper!!!
Aaaarrrggghhh, why didn't you tell me this last week!!!!

Maybe I can cancel and rebook.

Thanks Snave
Old Mar 26th 2007, 2:24 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sean Boxer
Aaaarrrggghhh, why didn't you tell me this last week!!!!

Maybe I can cancel and rebook.

Thanks Snave
It's not always cheaper. I've done Expedia searches before for Ottawa-London and found the BMI codeshare price to be way, way higher than AC.

I've routed myself through Toronto for my next trip to the UK, just to make it longer (and so I arrive mid-morning as opposed to very early morning).

I'm hoping this open skies agreement between the US and the EU will have a knock-on effect here. It would be nice to have a little more choice.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:53 pm
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvenir
It's not always cheaper. I've done Expedia searches before for Ottawa-London and found the BMI codeshare price to be way, way higher than AC.
Aaaarrrgggghhh, I've just changed my flight via BMI - what are you trying to do to me Snave!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaarrrgggghhh, I've just changed my flight via BMI - what are you trying to do to me Snave!
And did you save a few quid ? I just booked my flight last night - will cry if you tell me it could have been loads less !
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Honest - go look!
I'm on YOW-LHR 19 Sept 2007
returning LHR-YOW 23 Sept 2007!
I wouldn't make this up! Open two browsers and compare AC with BMI!