Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

CD singles....

Wikiposts

CD singles....

Old Aug 4th 2009, 12:24 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CD singles....

Back to the CD singles - Downtown Van HMV does em . .
Old Aug 7th 2009, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

ShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbd33
Please, please, do not for a moment think that I venture into Canadian Tire. Narrow aisles, filth, few English speaking employees, racks and racks of crap. Just another dollar store.
Another judgemental post. Canadian Tire is perfectly fine, and im assuming you have a problem with ethnic diversity. Honestly you should have stayed in the UK, we are happy with what we have here in Canada and if all you do is knock it get out!!!

By the way, your earlier comment about the "Barrie" walmart. Thats because its Barrie! not everyone lives up there thanks tips.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 5:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShawnMcCrea
Another judgemental post. Canadian Tire is perfectly fine, and im assuming you have a problem with ethnic diversity. Honestly you should have stayed in the UK, we are happy with what we have here in Canada and if all you do is knock it get out!!!

By the way, your earlier comment about the "Barrie" walmart. Thats because its Barrie! not everyone lives up there thanks tips.
Canada has to official languages- English and French and French is limited to certain regions.

But as a customer I should be able to walk into a national chain and communicate in the language of the area I am in, BC is majority English speaking, and it can be annoying when someone cannot assit you as they cannot understand you.

Diversity is one thing, but its useless to a customer if the employees dont speak the language.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 11:53 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Canada has to official languages- English and French and French is limited to certain regions.

But as a customer I should be able to walk into a national chain and communicate in the language of the area I am in, BC is majority English speaking, and it can be annoying when someone cannot assit you as they cannot understand you.

Diversity is one thing, but its useless to a customer if the employees dont speak the language.
Well quite. If I go to Greektown or Little India or Chinatown East I expect to have to communicate with a bit of pointing and smiling. At Canadian Tire I should be able to convey basic stuff like "battery for Honda" to the staff (I can do so in English or French). It doesn't work because CT is such a cheap and nasty store that (with the exception of the purple poster here) they can't get staff who speak the language.

Note the CT stores I go to are at Main and Danforth and Yonge and Church. Iaink says it's different in the country (the merchadise is still low end but the staff can communicate). I believe that, despite his profile saying he's in Toronto, Mr. Mcrea is actually way out of town so his experience may be different.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 11:55 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

The crowd outside the Walmart on Vic. Park may not be white trash but they're still toothless and in wife beaters, it's just Fitty vs. Eminen.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 1:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Well quite. If I go to Greektown or Little India or Chinatown East I expect to have to communicate with a bit of pointing and smiling. At Canadian Tire I should be able to convey basic stuff like "battery for Honda" to the staff (I can do so in English or French). It doesn't work because CT is such a cheap and nasty store that (with the exception of the purple poster here) they can't get staff who speak the language.

Note the CT stores I go to are at Main and Danforth and Yonge and Church. Iaink says it's different in the country (the merchadise is still low end but the staff can communicate). I believe that, despite his profile saying he's in Toronto, Mr. Mcrea is actually way out of town so his experience may be different.
Thats why I said national chain... They dont tend to be in Chinatown or the likes... It was the best way I could word it.

My city is not the most diverse one out there, so pretty much everyone speaks English, only time its an issue is at the chinese food places but as said, its expected. The Japanese food places though tend to hire local staff for the front counters.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

ShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really nice

Mr. McCrea grew up in The Beaches right where you immigrated to. Than lived at Avenue and Eglinton thank you very much. Understandable that someone who isnt 100% fluent in English of French isnt the easiest person to communicate to. But the reality is they emmigrated here just like YOU DID and they are trying to cope in the best way that they can and make a living. The biggest issue I have is that you have left your home country for no apparent reason to come to our beautiful country, and whine about everything and anything that we do over here. Seems a little counter intuitive and tends to be rather annoying with the people who are actually born Canadian.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 9:51 am
Assimilated Pauper

Mr. McCrea grew up in The Beaches right where you immigrated to. Than lived at Avenue and Eglinton thank you very much. Understandable that someone who isnt 100% fluent in English of French isnt the easiest person to communicate to. But the reality is they emmigrated here just like YOU DID and they are trying to cope in the best way that they can and make a living. The biggest issue I have is that you have left your home country for no apparent reason to come to our beautiful country, and whine about everything and anything that we do over here. Seems a little counter intuitive and tends to be rather annoying with the people who are actually born Canadian.
Surely the people who are born Canadian should be grateful to the immigrants for bringing life and interest to Hogtown and put up with whatever complaints those immigrants may have; there'd be bugger all here without them. I can see people born here wanting to make an effort to accomodate immigrants' communication difficulties because they so need the immigrants but I don't need them, I am one, and I think major firms (and Bell is the worst offender here) should employ people in customer service roles who can do English, ideally French as well.

I didn't comment on your history. Where do you live now?
Old Aug 10th 2009, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Surely the people who are born Canadian should be grateful to the immigrants for bringing life and interest to Hogtown and put up with whatever complaints those immigrants may have; there'd be bugger all here without them. I can see people born here wanting to make an effort to accomodate immigrants' communication difficulties because they so need the immigrants but I don't need them, I am one, and I think major firms (and Bell is the worst offender here) should employ people in customer service roles who can do English, ideally French as well.

I didn't comment on your history. Where do you live now?
Sorry i missed that, I didnt now you can "do" English? And no the people of Canada are not grateful of whining immigrants who use our healthcare and are other resources just to complain about the way of life over here. The only reason you get away with your constant complaining is because this isnt a primarily Canadian forum, so other Europeans will put up with your whining.

You also mentioned that Canada so needs the immigrants, but you dont need them. Did you know when immigrating to Canada that there would be other immigrants coming into this country so you should be able to put up with it or not come over here? Honestly dude, your attitude is very poor, you have to stop looking at OUR country as if everything that is done here is targeted towards you and meeting your needs. You are a visitor in this country so start acting like it.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 12:42 am
Assimilated Pauper

You are a visitor in this country so start acting like it.
But I'm not. I have the passport of convenience.