Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

CD singles....

CD singles....

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Raymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud of
Default CD singles....

Where in Toronto can you buy CD singles?

My local HMV says they do not stock singles.... what is that all about

Any good places or even reliable mail order companies.

Even Amazon Canada only has a handful at best
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CD singles....

Wal-Mart usually has some but titles can vary by store.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Do you have a 'Futureshop'? Our local one sells them. Or Walmart as already suggested.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 12:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Wal-Mart usually has some but titles can vary by store.
I find the usual argument for shopping at Wal-Mart; that one's grinding poverty justifies abandonment of all morality for the sake of saving five cents a week, unpersuasive, but I can see that there's a shred of logic to it. What's the case for sullying yourself in pursuit of something you obviously don't need?
Old Aug 4th 2009, 1:12 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raymate

iTunes
Old Aug 4th 2009, 2:42 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raymate

How 90's, I believe HMV stopped selling them ages ago, globally, as the market was so small.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 3:29 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I find the usual argument for shopping at Wal-Mart; that one's grinding poverty justifies abandonment of all morality for the sake of saving five cents a week, unpersuasive, but I can see that there's a shred of logic to it. What's the case for sullying yourself in pursuit of something you obviously don't need?
So you prefer Sam's Club then?
Old Aug 4th 2009, 3:35 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

I used to think that way.......this is an interesting article about Good Wal-Mart/Evil Wal-Mart
Old Aug 4th 2009, 3:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
So you prefer Sam's Club then?
As with Wal-Mart, I find it entertaining to sit outside and watch the customers, especially in shit-hole places like Barrie ON; that shatters the myth that there's no white trash underclass in Canada. Obviously one does not go in.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 3:47 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brownstar
I used to think that way.......this is an interesting article about Good Wal-Mart/Evil Wal-Mart
A good read. I didnt take it to be particularly pro Walmart though...

Amazing that walmart alone accounts for more than 10% of US trade with China!

I disagree with dbds assesment that walmart is all about white trash, it seems to be classless here, you are as likely to see the wealthy there piling cases of Coke into the back of the mercedes M class as the working (or notsoworking) poor filling the back of that rusty old Dodge Caravan.

Last edited by iaink; Aug 4th 2009 at 4:19 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 3:54 pm
Assimilated Pauper

The article just says that some people will think low wages for Americans and the export of manufacturing to China is a fair trade for cheap tat. I acknowledge that, I just despise such people.

The article doesn't address other corrosive effects of Wal-Mart such as erosion of employee benefits, decline in employment security, union-busting, contribution to decline of town centres, cultural imperialism and mocking American values by, one the one hand posing as the all-American store and, on the other, outsourcing everything. It also fails to consider the more reasonable policies of competing stores such as Costco and Target. I think that reasonable, it's a magazine that promotes big business and Wal-Mart is a bug business, but individuals are not beholden to big business and should do better.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 3:55 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by iaink
I disagree with dbds assesment that walmart is all about white trash, it seems to be classless here, you are as likely to see the wealthy there piling cases of Coke into the back of the mercedes M class as the working (or notsoworking) poor filling the back of that rusty old Dodge Caravan.

Not in Barrie, you aren't.

More importantly though Wal-Mart threads usually resolve to two positions:

- it's wrong to go there

- I'm so poor I have to go there.

Are you now suggesting that there's a sense in which going there while not grindingly poor is somehow defensible?
Old Aug 4th 2009, 4:03 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Not in Barrie, you aren't.

More importantly though Wal-Mart threads usually resolve to two positions:

- it's wrong to go there

- I'm so poor I have to go there.

Are you now suggesting that there's a sense in which going there while not grindingly poor is somehow defensible?
Its hardly for me to defend the actions of others. Its strikes me that one way to get and remain wealthy is to shop at the cheapest place in town, which walmart clearly is in many cases.

It also strikes me that wealthy people are no less frail and human than the rest of us, and I expect that ,like the rest of us, this is not the only morally ambiguous choice they have ever made. I'm doubt shoping at Walmart is any more of a carnal sin than some other things they do.

Personally I dont make a habit of shopping there, but if I am passing and need to get something Ive forgotten , then I'm not going to stop and turn around and go the other side of town just because of my principals.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 4:15 pm
Banned

The article doesn't address other corrosive effects of Wal-Mart such as erosion of employee benefits, decline in employment security, union-busting, contribution to decline of town centres, cultural imperialism and mocking American values by, one the one hand posing as the all-American store and, on the other, outsourcing everything. It also fails to consider the more reasonable policies of competing stores such as Costco and Target. I think that reasonable, it's a magazine that promotes big business and Wal-Mart is a bug business, but individuals are not beholden to big business and should do better.
That can be said of man big business.........not that I'm defending it. As the article points out, we are consumers have ade Walmart what it is today.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 4:22 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

That can be said of man big business.........not that I'm defending it. As the article points out, we are consumers have ade Walmart what it is today.
Except that walmart is SO much bigger than its competitors that it has a far larger influence as a result.

I thought the vlasic pickle story was a good example of how Walmart is a bad thing overall.

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/77/walmart.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.