Reload this Page >

truro to airport. timeframe

truro to airport. timeframe

Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:58 am
Just Joined

andyjojake is an unknown quantity at this point
Default truro to airport. timeframe

hi all,

wonder if anyone can help. my family and i are moving to nova scotia in june. we are still thinking about where to lay down our hat. although truro is quite cheap for house prices. i was just thinking about the time frame of getting to enfield as i will be working at the airport. google maps says it takes only 35 mins. but how bad does rush hour get. and also how much should u add on for the snowy season. any info will help and might make it easier to find a house at a more suitable price. thanks
Old Jan 11th 2009, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really nice
Default Re: truro to airport. timeframe

Hi

Rush hour are you kidding!! you will be luck to pass a dozen cars. You will have to be in work for 7.30 so the further you are the earlier the start. Many people commute from further than Turro to the airport, myself included, so it depends on how quickly you can get on the highway.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 1:29 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyjojake
hi all,

wonder if anyone can help. my family and i are moving to nova scotia in june. we are still thinking about where to lay down our hat. although truro is quite cheap for house prices. i was just thinking about the time frame of getting to enfield as i will be working at the airport. google maps says it takes only 35 mins. but how bad does rush hour get. and also how much should u add on for the snowy season. any info will help and might make it easier to find a house at a more suitable price. thanks
We don't do rush hour in the Maritimes.....maybe a little in the centre of Halifax, but elsewhere, no.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Louisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I would say it would take about 30-40 mins to get from Truro to the airport. This can increase quite dramatically depending on the snow conditions and the time of day you are travelling. Have you been over here to check out the different areas? Is there any reason why you don't want to live in Enfield?
Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really nice

can I suggest that you rent a place for a few months before you decide where to live. That is what many of the brits coming over to work at the airport do. If you rush the house buying you may select an area that leaves your OH isolated while you are at work. Enfield is Ok we looked at it but there is not a lot there and it is quite rural.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 1:24 am
Just Joined

JJNLH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Winston Green
can I suggest that you rent a place for a few months before you decide where to live. That is what many of the brits coming over to work at the airport do. If you rush the house buying you may select an area that leaves your OH isolated while you are at work. Enfield is Ok we looked at it but there is not a lot there and it is quite rural.
I have to agree definately rent before you buy as areas and distances may seem okay on google maps but in reality not quite what you had in mind. Also renting will give you time to enjoy areas, as winston says being isolated can be soul destroying. At present I am the OH, with no car and feeling quite isolated but with a 4 yr old as well.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 1:45 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the commute time is only 35 minutes each way in good weather but it's it's a 200km round trip daily according to this website. You should factor in the fuel costs and wear/tear on your car.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 3:12 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cookie
Maybe the commute time is only 35 minutes each way in good weather but it's it's a 200km round trip daily according to this website. You should factor in the fuel costs and wear/tear on your car.
Your statement does not compute. 100km in 35 minutes? How fast are you permitted to drive in NS.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 4:23 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Your statement does not compute. 100km in 35 minutes? How fast are you permitted to drive in NS.
The speed limit is 110 kph. Truro to the airport is about 45 minutes.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I do not miss is the rush hour traffic. Travelled a couple of times down to Halifax on a Monday morning and the busiest I have seen it is going from the 104 to the 102 and still maintaining a good speed
Old Aug 10th 2009, 2:43 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
One thing I do not miss is the rush hour traffic. Travelled a couple of times down to Halifax on a Monday morning and the busiest I have seen it is going from the 104 to the 102 and still maintaining a good speed
Rush hour here in NS is nothing like rush hour in the UK that's for sure
Old Aug 10th 2009, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cookie
Rush hour here in NS is nothing like rush hour in the UK that's for sure
Definitely what a big difference. I remember in the UK it would take me 20-30 mins to drive 3 miles to work here I drive 40 km in 20 mins and am lucky if I see 3 cars a head of me until I reach the town