Cats x 3

Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cats x 3

Hi
I have been looking at a couple of relocation for pets companies. I have had a quote from 1 of them that was really good. The only problem was that we had to take them to Gatwick. They can collect for an extra fee.
This makes an awful lot of travelling time for our babes.
Does anyone know of a relocation service in the North West?
We will be flying from Manchester.
Thanks all
Tina
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:36 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cats x 3

Originally Posted by albertabound
Hi
I have been looking at a couple of relocation for pets companies. I have had a quote from 1 of them that was really good. The only problem was that we had to take them to Gatwick. They can collect for an extra fee.
This makes an awful lot of travelling time for our babes.
Does anyone know of a relocation service in the North West?
We will be flying from Manchester.
Thanks all
Tina
If you want to do it yourself, which would work out cheaper, take a look at this:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...gage/pets.html

I will have a scout around to see if I can find any relocation companies Ooop North for you
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:47 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.petairuk.com/

Though they do say it is usual for pets to be shipped from Heathrow or Gatwick, they do fly some from other UK airports. May be worth a call.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
http://www.petairuk.com/

Though they do say it is usual for pets to be shipped from Heathrow or Gatwick, they do fly some from other UK airports. May be worth a call.
Hi Amy
thanks for your responses. It is Petair that I have had the quote from.
It was £990.00 total for the 3 cats. I will speak to them.
Air Canada fares are so expensive from Manchester, 3 times the cost of Canadian Affair so to go with them and take cats ourselves would cost more.
I am trying to find a quick route for them as I dont really want them to be caged for any longer than they have to be. They bloody hate those boxes and just scream yes scream incessantly.
Tina
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by albertabound
Hi Amy
thanks for your responses. It is Petair that I have had the quote from.
It was £990.00 total for the 3 cats. I will speak to them.
Air Canada fares are so expensive from Manchester, 3 times the cost of Canadian Affair so to go with them and take cats ourselves would cost more.
I am trying to find a quick route for them as I dont really want them to be caged for any longer than they have to be. They bloody hate those boxes and just scream yes scream incessantly.
Tina
Ahh and there was me thinking I was being helpful!! My cat is the complete opposite - jumps straight in his carry box when it appears to ship him somewhere!

I hope you manage to find something
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Your cat must be the well behaved type eh!
Ours are Bengals and so so naughty. All males and all very territorial. So much fun though.
Tina
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

We flew the cat from Manchester using www.jetsetpets.co.uk. They were fine. We just had to drop the cat at the cargo area and she came on the same flight as we did.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Little D
We flew the cat from Manchester using www.jetsetpets.co.uk. They were fine. We just had to drop the cat at the cargo area and she came on the same flight as we did.
Cheers for that, having problems getting on their site but I will look for a phone number.
Tina
Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

We used Air Supply Shipping Agents from Manchester to Calgary.

www.airsupplyshipping.com

Can't remember the exact cost but it was just over 600 pounds for two cats in two separate cat boxes. That was about 18 months ago, so the costs may be more now.

Lisa
Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lisa_W
We used Air Supply Shipping Agents from Manchester to Calgary.

www.airsupplyshipping.com

Can't remember the exact cost but it was just over 600 pounds for two cats in two separate cat boxes. That was about 18 months ago, so the costs may be more now.

Lisa
Thanks so much. I will give them a call too.
Tina
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

siw1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya
I am using petsaway uk to take my cat to calgary from manchester at the beginnig of march. It is costing 577 but she has not been able to come on our flight with us as it was full, she is flying out a week later, my inlaws are keeping her till then. She has caused me so much stress over the last few weeks, people think i am mad when i tell them what i have gone through with her,but i just couldn't leave her behind. kirsty