Cats in cabin

Old May 12th 2016, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

confused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cats in cabin

Originally Posted by bats
I think it would be kinder to put them in the hold in a large pet carrier than have them in the cabin with all the noises, smells, distractions. Not to mention you poking them ans checking they are ok all the time.

Ours came in the hold. We got a larger than needed wooden box for her. We lined it with newspaper and vet bed. When we got to TO she was fine, just sitting in her box waiting for us. Much better than being crammed under your feet scared rigid

I was originally going to put them in the hold but I read so many horror stories about it I decided not to. Plus I don't think it's quieter down there, you get a lot of engine noise & since mine nearly have a heart attack whenever I turn the hoover on I don't think they would enjoy the sound of a plane engine.
Old May 12th 2016, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute

We brought 9 cats over in 2011, via Transat.
Like OP, they didn't like the noise of a hoover. All arrived safe and sound. It's true that it took them a long time to forgive me, but they all seemed to have coped with the flight.
Old May 12th 2016, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

confused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hawkmoon77
We brought 9 cats over in 2011, via Transat.
Like OP, they didn't like the noise of a hoover. All arrived safe and sound. It's true that it took them a long time to forgive me, but they all seemed to have coped with the flight.

I struggle with the demands of 3
Old May 12th 2016, 7:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tabindi
No, as the UK is rabies free the Defra export certificate negates needing a rabies jab.
What if you want to take them back again?