Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Can't sell the house and no plan B

Can't sell the house and no plan B

Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:34 am
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Can't sell the house and no plan B

We put our house on the market last september, had a lovely offer in november who pulled out in december...dispair,dispair....however after nothing since then we got a viewing last wednesday...who came back on saturday and put in an offer wich we accepted today...Hooray good things can and will happen....just hope all the paperwork comes through in our favour now!!!! aaargh new panic!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:12 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Littletashy
We put our house on the market last september, had a lovely offer in november who pulled out in december...dispair,dispair....however after nothing since then we got a viewing last wednesday...who came back on saturday and put in an offer wich we accepted today...Hooray good things can and will happen....just hope all the paperwork comes through in our favour now!!!! aaargh new panic!
Congratulations hope everything goes very quickly now for you
Terese
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:15 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the_tones_guy
I have to say, after starting this thread, things have come on leeps and bounds.

We have now got a plan B, I am going by myself (this coming Thursday (28th) as it goes).

BUT, and this has happened all along the way, when something has needed to happen, it's just happened - yes...all sounds a bit new aged (and I really am not), but it has.

Friday (just gone), my last working day in the UK before I go to Newfoundland, we had a viewer (the ONLY viewer from this internet only agency that charge 0.5%, in 8 months).

They came at 09:30, they left at 11:00, they submitted the offer at 13:00, we accepted (with a few conditions) at 15:00.

So.....it looks like I won't be alone in Canada very long!

I am still completely aware that it could go wrong anytime before we exchange contracts, but this is the furthest we have got in like 8 months.

So fingers crossed.

Loads of luck to everyone else out thee in BE world selling their houses.

Chris.
Congratulations
Terese
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

icklesarah will become famous soon enoughicklesarah will become famous soon enough

Huge congrats to those of you who've accepted offers! Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly from now on...

It's 6 days since our buyer pulled out... no viewings since (that we're aware of... since we live 200 miles away they don't always seem to tell us, despite our requests!) so going to do a 'ring round' and get our house back to the top of their mind... it will happen.... positive thinking!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by icklesarah
Huge congrats to those of you who've accepted offers! Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly from now on...

It's 6 days since our buyer pulled out... no viewings since (that we're aware of... since we live 200 miles away they don't always seem to tell us, despite our requests!) so going to do a 'ring round' and get our house back to the top of their mind... it will happen.... positive thinking!
got to get pushy with some estate agents so go for it, hope it sells soon for you
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:42 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Hi, we know how that feels ,

Our house was up with 6 different agents and finaly we got an offer through the agents we were going to drop for not being very proactive,

We got a bit fed up a few weeks ago and got them all to take it off of rightmove, suddenly they have to work for their money and hey presto an offer! not saying it will work for you but it might be worth a try!

Good luck, hope you find a buyer soon!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:11 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Well here I am again and with some bloody irritating news...our sodding buyer has got some problem with his sodding mortgage, he *apparently* didn't know about, so now they wont lend him the money unless he can sort it out....so back on the market we go.....can't tell you how sad,annoyed and totally fed up we feel now... after money had exchanged hands we were gonna fly out for a fab holiday and in the mean time hope all the paper work would come through in our favour....if not we'd just start over (with the paper work) and have a really long holiday and make our selves skint but have great fun trying something new.... My god this is all sooo stressfull some days, specially today, I could have spent it in bed crying into my very strong (laced)coffee ....
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

icklesarah will become famous soon enoughicklesarah will become famous soon enough

It's horrible when a buyer messes you around I really hope you find someone else soon... who is a little more reliable!

We had a second viewing at the weekend, so keeping fingers crossed...
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:49 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

It's horrible when a buyer messes you around I really hope you find someone else soon... who is a little more reliable!

We had a second viewing at the weekend, so keeping fingers crossed...
Thank you

Fingers crossed for you, hope all goes well.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you

Fingers crossed for you, hope all goes well.
sorry you are having such a rotten time, lets hope someone else comes along or he sorts it out pronto, is it something that can be sorted ?

wish you all the best and fingers crossed for you
add another lace to that coffee
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:49 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
sorry you are having such a rotten time, lets hope someone else comes along or he sorts it out pronto, is it something that can be sorted ?

wish you all the best and fingers crossed for you
add another lace to that coffee

Am having trouble typing so laying off the lace for the mo

He might be able to sort it out and apparently he still really wants the house, but it might take a lot of time the estate agent said it could be a couple of months , maybe i should have more patience Hubbies work will hang on till we get there, but we have allready asked so much of them we feel compelled to get out there asap! plus the kids and I want to be there now!!! I probably should take a deep breath re-evaluate n go from there but am lacking in the strength to do so especially as I reduced my mum to tears on mothers day because of it all If we ever do it again I dont think i'll let people know untill we're packing up with the plane tickets booked! Sorry for rambling... think today was my day for a *wobble*
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Am having trouble typing so laying off the lace for the mo

He might be able to sort it out and apparently he still really wants the house, but it might take a lot of time the estate agent said it could be a couple of months , maybe i should have more patience Hubbies work will hang on till we get there, but we have allready asked so much of them we feel compelled to get out there asap! plus the kids and I want to be there now!!! I probably should take a deep breath re-evaluate n go from there but am lacking in the strength to do so especially as I reduced my mum to tears on mothers day because of it all If we ever do it again I dont think i'll let people know untill we're packing up with the plane tickets booked! Sorry for rambling... think today was my day for a *wobble*
i think your entitled to a few of those hang on in there it will get sorted, rant away thats what we are all here for to support each other,
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:57 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Thank you, and, karma for being a star!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

Accepted an offer on ours today, not happy about it but it was bite the bullet time. We accepted £40k under the asking price and £80k under what we sold it for 10 months ago. I could kill that buyer messed us around for 4 months and pulled out once Northern Rock hit the wall, cost us a lot of money.

Now we are over here we just decided better to have the money in the bank as soon as than be scrambling around in June taking a silly offer so we can close on our house being built here.

All the best to everyone selling, its a nightmare.

Chris
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:54 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Hope this sale goes better for you...we've knocked 15k off the original asking price...cant go much further or we'll have nothing to come over with and with 3 little ones we can't take that risk...but right now I think we'd take anything just to get it done... It doesnt help now that the banks have stopped giving out 100% mortgages meaning everyone who wants to buy now has to stump up a deposit....oh how i wish we'd started all this 3 years ago!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.