Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian Equivalent words

Canadian Equivalent words

Old Aug 29th 2006, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Turquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud of
Default Re: Canadian Equivalent words

Ah, dbd33, it is so easy to wind you up, as the Brits say! You crack me up! So, you shall never say "East Indian", eh??!! Oh dear, maybe you should leave the colony and move back to the mother country, eh? You might feel much more comfortable here with your superior attitude! Ahh, come on now, quit acting so posh - hey, another cool Brit word introduced to us by the Spice Girls- and get off your high horse!!! Chill out man and have a Kokanee! Or two or five! Really, chill, relax! Now, promise me you'll stop being such a smart ass (yes, we say that) and play nice! Or we shan't play at all then, you and I ! I'll just play with all the other lovely folks here.
And oh, why, why, dbd33, did you have to remind me???? Gravy on fries! Oh, how I miss gravy on fries! Nooooooo! Now, I want some! Oh, bloody hell, I'm going to make some of me own one day!
Anya, cheeze whiz is different from Kraft dinner. Cheese Whiz is melted cheese that comes in a jar. (If it was processed anymore, it would actually be plastic! But, I love it ! )
Anyways, gotta go down to the corner shop. It's run by a lovely East Indian family- I'll see if I can buy some gravy mix !

Cheers (another great word, doubles as goodbye and thanks, right? Very nice! I thought Brits only said it in the movies!)
Old Aug 29th 2006, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really nice

Originally Posted by Turquoise
Anya, cheeze whiz is different from Kraft dinner. Cheese Whiz is melted cheese that comes in a jar. (If it was processed anymore, it would actually be plastic! But, I love it ! )
Um, I know. I'm a Canadian, born and raised. I thought you were looking for both Kraft Dinner and Cheese Whiz?
Old Aug 30th 2006, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Turquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud ofTurquoise has much to be proud of

No Anya, I was just looking for Cheeze Whiz. I like to make my own version of Kraft dinner by mixing Cheeze Whiz with macaroni. Cheeze Whiz is also good for making perogies as using real cheese can be expensive. Funny the things you miss when you live in different country! And yes, Kraft peanut butter. The peanut butter here is, well, can't compare to good old Kraft peanut butter. My fiancee thinks the peanut butter he gets me from his native South Africa is the best but I need to set him straight!
Old Aug 30th 2006, 10:52 am
Just Joined

akqjt is an unknown quantity at this point

I really wonder if the Canadians or Brits are more amused by this thread. This is too great; we both think the other is insane.

Me, I still nearly die every time I go to England and a person tells me he's going to have a fag.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 12:00 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Chill out man and have a Kokanee!
Kokanee? Ha! PBR is a better beer and cheaper.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

I like Kokanee. I shall never drink PBR.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 12:59 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I like Kokanee. I shall never drink PBR.
Ah, so you're a woman.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

last time I checked!
Old Aug 30th 2006, 5:07 pm
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light

last time I checked!
You have to check :scared:

Honey, I know I'm a woman
Old Aug 30th 2006, 5:57 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaseAndHeth
smartarse

thank you, its rather pert as well with not a spot in sight
Old Aug 31st 2006, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

poll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of light

I have more

Baseboards = Skirting boards
Crown moldings = Cornice
Moldings = Architrave (not sure on spelling)
Drapes = Curtains
Valance = Pelmet (for curtains)
Bedskirt = Valance

Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:01 am
Missing my family so much

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by akqjt
Me, I still nearly die every time I go to England and a person tells me he's going to have a fag.
Lol. It never fails to amuse me in Oz when they talk about wearing thongs.

This one guy in a snowboard shop said he liked to wear thongs all summer! I had to tell him that had a WHOLE different meaning in England.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:30 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

on the general subject what the hell are californian ceilings. i keep mmm'ing, when described to me by realtors but havn't the foggiest.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 7:15 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by rae
on the general subject what the hell are californian ceilings. i keep mmm'ing, when described to me by realtors but havn't the foggiest.
Is that perhaps a cathedral ceiling? One where there was a flood or similar which irreparably damaged the plaster so they tore the proper ceiling out and painted the inside of the roof?
Old Aug 31st 2006, 7:21 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rae
I'm not completely sure but I think it means 'white'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.