Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian Affair

Canadian Affair

Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Affair

Originally Posted by Souvy
I imagine that you will clear US Immigration before you board in Calgary. It might be worth stressing at check-in that you have a short connection time.

The trip down isn`t really an issue as we have the longer time and, as you correctly say, we will clear US immigration in Calgary. In addition, we only intend to take carry on on the way there, fill up with touristy tat, and check that on the way back. It`s the flight back that has the short connection time. PPPPPPP - you would think I was trained in the Army Actually, I blame the wife, she looked after booking the flights.

It's not the end of the world if your luggage misses the connection. They will get it on the next flight and deliver it to wherever you are staying.
Didn`t know that. If it works, that sounds good. However, I can`t get "Meet the Parents" out of my head
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I was trying to be optimistic. Don't scare him.
I am not too bothered. The checked luggage will be full of "We had a great time kissing Mickey" type tat in it. If I never see it again, it will be no great loss.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I was trying to be optimistic. Don't scare him.
To be fair to the US carriers, the bag nearly always arrives the next day, which wouldn't matter if you were on holiday but it does matter if you're presenting and the lost bag has your suit in it. It matters even more if you're presenting then rushing off to another city because your suit is always in the previous city. I understand that it can also be troublesome if you're on a short trip to London, Ireland, London and back to Canada. In such circumstances, being confident that you will eventually be reunited with your underwear in Canada is of little help when you're in Camden Town.