Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian Internships

Canadian Internships

Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:13 am
Just Joined

clearyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian Internships

I would be glad if someone could point me in the right direction. Im 21 and a recent graduate from the University of Liverpool (my home city) with a Geography BSc (Hons) degree. At the moment i am in the process of obtaining a BUNAC 'open work authorisation visa' for Canada, which is valid for up to 12 months.

My initial objective was to use this opportunity to take a 'year out' so to speak, and arrange casual, part-time work. This still very much appeals to me, however i have recently been advised to research the possibility of finding an internship programme within Canada in order to improve my cv. Is anyone aware of individuals who are in the same position as i am in?

I am very much interested in finding an internship programme related to the environmental sector, such as conservation, energy, utilities etc. Can anyone provide some links for me?

Cheers
Daniel
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Internships

Originally Posted by clearyd
I would be glad if someone could point me in the right direction. Im 21 and a recent graduate from the University of Liverpool (my home city) with a Geography BSc (Hons) degree. At the moment i am in the process of obtaining a BUNAC 'open work authorisation visa' for Canada, which is valid for up to 12 months.

My initial objective was to use this opportunity to take a 'year out' so to speak, and arrange casual, part-time work. This still very much appeals to me, however i have recently been advised to research the possibility of finding an internship programme within Canada in order to improve my cv. Is anyone aware of individuals who are in the same position as i am in?

I am very much interested in finding an internship programme related to the environmental sector, such as conservation, energy, utilities etc. Can anyone provide some links for me?

Cheers
Daniel
I'm hoping to get an internship in casting for tv and film either with a casting agency, casting director or talent agency. Am also going on a graduate BUNAC Visa. I fly out in November
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

clearyd is an unknown quantity at this point

cool, sounds interesting, just looked at your thread from a while ago, how much luck have you had finding agencies/companies willing to take you on so far? Im guessing your going over by yourself? im looking at flying out mid october time to Vancouver
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

cool, sounds interesting, just looked at your thread from a while ago, how much luck have you had finding agencies/companies willing to take you on so far? Im guessing your going over by yourself? im looking at flying out mid october time to Vancouver
http://www.urscorp.com/Careers/index.php?s=7
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute

not yet am still contacting various people via email to see if anyone looking for an intern