Canadian Affair

Canadian Affair

Old Aug 23rd 2010, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canadian Affair

Originally Posted by D Buck
Calgary is where i will be flying to.

They used to do the winter flights for the ski season and I was there for a length of time in march and april this year aswell.

It just seems that they dont have any flights at all.
They probably dont have any yet. Give it a couple of weeks and try again...
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:46 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Air Transat pilots are probably going on strike on 1st October - that is probably why there has been changes to flights.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/trave...153/story.html

As to looking for flights after November - Thomas Cook fly Air Transat's route during the winter months (as opposed to them both flying at other times of the year)...

CanadianAffair are hopeless for booking at that time.

http://book.flythomascook.com/skylig.../skylights.cgi

Adult Price £491.50
Wed, 02 Mar 11 10:30 Depart Gatwick (LGW)
Flight TCX 9K 13:05 Arrive Calgary (YYC)

Wed, 16 Mar 11 16:05 Depart Calgary (YYC)
Flight TCX 9L 07:05 Arrive Gatwick (LGW)

Air Transat website shows the same flights withi Thomas Cook.

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 23rd 2010 at 7:55 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blue monday
That's why I say pay the extra for Air Canada who's terms and conditions are much fairer as well as having a better flight service and customer service. as they say you often get what you pay for.

Or maybe you don't!!

My wife and son flew Canadian Affair in June and everything went perfectly according to plan.
Unfortunately i had to arrange a flight in August for an unexpected family funeral. Canadian Affair offered little choice with short notice in middle of summer so i paid $2000 for Air Canada and an extra $50 each way for extra legroom seats.
On Outward journey the extra legroom seat was a bulkhead seat so not able to stretch out but at least no seat in front to push back in my face. Seat back TV not working and after asking 3 separate stewardesses and 3 promises of "we'll try and reset it" a big fat nothing happened. I then asked the stewardess in charge and she said "you'll have to wait till we've served the hot food" Jeez whats the hurry we have another 7 and a half hours in the air and at this point we hadn't had a drink, in fact the drinks were served after dinner had been given out and no offer of a second drink unless you asked (at least twice seemed to work)
Won't bore you with all the details but TV failed to work ALL flight as did overhead reading light so no reading either!
Return flight looked a better bet as the seat had acres of legroom but guess who's TV didn't work. This time they were able to move me but to a standard seat so no extra legroom i paid for.
In flight service was as bad as outbound, no per dinner drinks served, only with meal but as the drinks trolley is behind the meal one you have almost eaten half before the drink arrives. No automatic offer of a second drink, no offer of a second coffee or tea after meal and when they rushed round collecting garbage it was almost snatched from your hand with no please and thank you.
On the whole i rated AC in flight services rude and arrogant. I have had way better charter airline service.
Complaint mail sent off 7 days ago no reply as yet (their website says 20 days) ha
Old Aug 24th 2010, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Handy tip.........Canadian Affair are owned by Air transat....If you dont see it on Canadian Affair, look on http://www.airtransat.com/ .......It will be much cheaper than Thomas Cook as they have commission added.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Exilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really nice

Originally Posted by markandlibby
I should have learnt from previous experiences with Canadian affair, firstly in March last year we were charged for 28kg of excess baggage, yet somehow during the flight our baggage shrunk and when it was weighed by Air Canada in Vancouver for our connecting flight it weighed 8 kg less - strange that! We have still not received an acknowledgement let alone a response to four complaint letters.

In September my parents flight time was changed at the last minute causing them to miss their connecting flight in Vancouver. They also gave the seats that they had paid extra to reserve to someone else!

In December my wife's parents were visiting and sadly my wifes Grandmother passed away. Canadian Affair refused point blank to change their return flight to enable them to attend her funeral. They had to book a return flight with BA. My father in law has yet to receive a response to the letter he sent in January. Compasionate aren't they . . . . ?!

In May my mother visited again, this time selecting a connecting flight with several hours to spare to allow for any delays - Canadian Affair once again changed the departure time with only a couple of weeks notice so my mother was forced to cancel and rebook her connecting flight at considerable extra expense.

Well I have certainly leart my lesson (finally) and our family, friends and ourselves will no longer be using them again. I seek solace in knowing that this will cost them at least 6 return flights in 2011 alone!

I have sent two emails regarding this latest mess and still have not received a response. If I haven't heard from them by thursday (when I fnish this set of shifts at work) I will be speaking to my credit card company (thanks for that advice by the way )

When I originally contacted them about this flight change they point blank refused to discuss compensation, and i quote "Unfortunately Canadian Affair is not offering any compensation for the flight change", that just sums up their feeling towards customer care - they don't care as soon as they have your money!
Did no one think to take out travel insurance?
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

blue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to all

Originally Posted by printer

Or maybe you don't!!

My wife and son flew Canadian Affair in June and everything went perfectly according to plan.
Unfortunately i had to arrange a flight in August for an unexpected family funeral. Canadian Affair offered little choice with short notice in middle of summer so i paid $2000 for Air Canada and an extra $50 each way for extra legroom seats.
On Outward journey the extra legroom seat was a bulkhead seat so not able to stretch out but at least no seat in front to push back in my face. Seat back TV not working and after asking 3 separate stewardesses and 3 promises of "we'll try and reset it" a big fat nothing happened. I then asked the stewardess in charge and she said "you'll have to wait till we've served the hot food" Jeez whats the hurry we have another 7 and a half hours in the air and at this point we hadn't had a drink, in fact the drinks were served after dinner had been given out and no offer of a second drink unless you asked (at least twice seemed to work)
Won't bore you with all the details but TV failed to work ALL flight as did overhead reading light so no reading either!
Return flight looked a better bet as the seat had acres of legroom but guess who's TV didn't work. This time they were able to move me but to a standard seat so no extra legroom i paid for.
In flight service was as bad as outbound, no per dinner drinks served, only with meal but as the drinks trolley is behind the meal one you have almost eaten half before the drink arrives. No automatic offer of a second drink, no offer of a second coffee or tea after meal and when they rushed round collecting garbage it was almost snatched from your hand with no please and thank you.
On the whole i rated AC in flight services rude and arrogant. I have had way better charter airline service.
Complaint mail sent off 7 days ago no reply as yet (their website says 20 days) ha
Looks like your in the minority. How about this for an example of poor terms and conditions with Air Transcrap. A friend decided to extend his stay in Canada, called AT who said they would not change the flight oh and you now owe us a £80 cancellation fee and you wont be getting a refund of the air fare. I was in the same situation and Air Canada, no problem Sir all you need to pay is a $80 change fee. Every time I have flown AC i have never been short of drinks and the staff were more than happy for me to walk to the galley and ask for a beer in between trolley runs. The one time they had a fault with the TV system I was immediately given a code for a 5% discount off my next flight as opposed to AT who in the same situation said tough luck I have also had other poor experiences with AT and know other who have but never heard many gripes about AC. I do take satisfaction in the fact that 6 of my family booked AC instead of AT after my poor experience with AT.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW, for years I flew a couple of times a week with Air Canada. I accumulated a gazzilion AC points. My opinion of AC was, and is, such that I gave the free flights to my ex-wife; kind of a poisoned chalice, she got to visit home but she had to do so on AC.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 1:05 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blue monday
Looks like your in the minority. How about this for an example of poor terms and conditions with Air Transcrap. A friend decided to extend his stay in Canada, called AT who said they would not change the flight oh and you now owe us a £80 cancellation fee and you wont be getting a refund of the air fare. I was in the same situation and Air Canada, no problem Sir all you need to pay is a $80 change fee. Every time I have flown AC i have never been short of drinks and the staff were more than happy for me to walk to the galley and ask for a beer in between trolley runs. The one time they had a fault with the TV system I was immediately given a code for a 5% discount off my next flight as opposed to AT who in the same situation said tough luck I have also had other poor experiences with AT and know other who have but never heard many gripes about AC. I do take satisfaction in the fact that 6 of my family booked AC instead of AT after my poor experience with AT.
Do people not bother to check the terms and conditions attached to the tickets they buy? It's usually spelled out pretty bloody clearly.

AT and AC are not in the same market. AT is fine for what it is. I've never had any problems. AC is variable. Much depends on who you deal with. Some staff are gits; others are angels. My experience of AC over the last 15 years or so is that most are angels, particularly when it comes to UNMINs.

Folk that bitch about AC, AT etc should try flying domestic in the USA. It is a miserable experience.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 1:38 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
Folk that bitch about AC, AT etc should try flying domestic in the USA. It is a miserable experience.
I'm not sure I agree. Understand that the carrier's only obligation is get you to the destination sometime reasonably close to that stated and the experience is painless enough, just like catching a bus. Granted you have to take your own food and a book but I do that for AC international flights anyway. I would say that the domestic carriers are at least as reliable as the international charters.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 2:30 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I'm not sure I agree. Understand that the carrier's only obligation is get you to the destination sometime reasonably close to that stated and the experience is painless enough, just like catching a bus. Granted you have to take your own food and a book but I do that for AC international flights anyway. I would say that the domestic carriers are at least as reliable as the international charters.
Almost guaranteed that you would disagree. Your hatred of AC is well-documented. My experience with US carriers is far less than yours but, with the exception of a couple of puddle-jumpers in WY, has only been foul.

What's the best way to get to Reno, BTW? It looks hideous from Ottawa. Someone has suggested to me to fly to Vancouver and then down.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 2:47 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Almost guaranteed that you would disagree. Your hatred of AC is well-documented. My experience with US carriers is far less than yours but, with the exception of a couple of puddle-jumpers in WY, has only been foul.

What's the best way to get to Reno, BTW? It looks hideous from Ottawa. Someone has suggested to me to fly to Vancouver and then down.
Cheap tickets.com have a 1 stop flight (Chicago, 1.5 hrs layover) to Reno from Ottawa, if that's any good...

As to Air Transat.. I have flown them many times and have to say that the staff, generally, are very helpful. I was booked on a flight with AT about 9 years ago and was at the airport waiting to board when I had my first and only panic attack (no idea why!) - I just couldn't get on the flight. The AT staff were marvellous, took my suitcase off the flight, took me to the flight managers office and gave me coffee, called someone to come and collect me and then told me I could get a stand-by ticket at no additional charge and gave me a voucher.

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 24th 2010 at 2:51 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:00 pm
Assimilated Pauper

What's the best way to get to Reno, BTW?
Try asking lmartin999, last time it took me 36 hours to get back to Toronto (by aeroplane) so my method is not a winner.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:03 pm
Slob

Originally Posted by siouxie
Cheap tickets.com have a 1 stop flight (Chicago, 1.5 hrs layover) to Reno from Ottawa, if that's any good.
Thanks. I have looked at that possibility. A 1.5 hour stopover in Chicago makes me nervous. That is not a lot of time. I'll be away for a week, so carry-on isn't really an option. No way am I going to check baggage with a tight connection. Been there, done it, swore.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:05 pm
Slob

Originally Posted by dbd33
Try asking lmartin999, last time it took me 36 hours to get back to Toronto (by aeroplane) so my method is not a winner.
One can only begin to imagine the route............

Ta for the username. I knew there was someone on here but I forgot who it was.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Exilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really niceExilelass is just really nice

We agree.
The best flights we have ever had with US carriers were from Victoria to Seattle on Horizon. The best bit is it is less than an hour!

I wouldn't fly with US carriers unless I was totally stuck. AC are as good as one gets nowadays, although Canadian were always better than AC.

By the by........those flying home from the West..........are you aware of how much you save flying from Seattle? We went home in May flew YYJ/SEA/YVR/LHR and saved $1,000 over YVR/LHR and we were on the same flight as we would have been going directly from YVR.
That $1,000 saving includes the ferry to Washington, hotels and the Coho back! Nuts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.