Reload this Page >

canada/ willis brazolot&co

canada/ willis brazolot&co

Old Apr 5th 2010, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Location: born in blackburn lancashire, living in jersey, moving to canada
holtyny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default canada/ willis brazolot&co

hi everyone, i am feeling a little whats the word ere disillusioned i have now been with this company for over 2 yrs i am a painter&decorator ive been over to vancouver for interviews all went well then bam global economy, then had a tel interview with a guy in toronto all went well then bam he has unpaid tax or something to that effect, now its a waiting game i suppose but when will this wait end, i have more or less put my life on hold ready to for this move to canada but there as to be a cut of point where enough is enough, but then my problem is how can i achieve my dream of canada, i feel like i am stuck in this the middle of waiting ir cancelling with the agency, had to get that of my chest i live in jersey channel island and as you may know its small and i am feeling suffocated now and need to expand, there my rant over, oh yea plus i am 33yrs old is there a limit in terms of age for canada,
Old Apr 5th 2010, 4:12 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: canada/ willis brazolot&co

Originally Posted by holtyny
hi everyone, i am feeling a little whats the word ere disillusioned i have now been with this company for over 2 yrs i am a painter&decorator ive been over to vancouver for interviews all went well then bam global economy, then had a tel interview with a guy in toronto all went well then bam he has unpaid tax or something to that effect, now its a waiting game i suppose but when will this wait end, i have more or less put my life on hold ready to for this move to canada but there as to be a cut of point where enough is enough, but then my problem is how can i achieve my dream of canada, i feel like i am stuck in this the middle of waiting ir cancelling with the agency, had to get that of my chest i live in jersey channel island and as you may know its small and i am feeling suffocated now and need to expand, there my rant over, oh yea plus i am 33yrs old is there a limit in terms of age for canada,
I assume W&B are trying to get you into Canada on a Work Permit? I also assume you are quite happy to go anywhere in Canada? Do you mind me asking how much you have paid them to date?
Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I assume W&B are trying to get you into Canada on a Work Permit? I also assume you are quite happy to go anywhere in Canada? Do you mind me asking how much you have paid them to date?
hi thanks for replying, so far to date we was going for work permit and then we was preparing all paperwork for another permit?(i think) i am more than happy to try anywhere in canada like i said as nice as jersey is its to small,as for payment my original agreement was £2500, then when i had this job offer for this guy in toronto as they have dealt with him before we updated the aagreementcontract, and i paid a ffurther£1000, as i understand it goes like this they told me if we applied for this other visa(not sure which one) with this guy it meant if for some reason we did not gel i could still stay in canada and find other employment, but this option would take a year to finalise thats the extra money i paid, please dont qoquotee on this i just went along with what ive been told hence paying for there expertise so if i sound vague its because i was caught up in the moment and everything was going well but things have slowed and its at the stage of will this happen at all? sorry to sound so boring but hey ,, cheers ian
Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:26 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

hi thanks for replying, so far to date we was going for work permit and then we was preparing all paperwork for another permit?(i think) i am more than happy to try anywhere in canada like i said as nice as jersey is its to small,as for payment my original agreement was £2500, then when i had this job offer for this guy in toronto as they have dealt with him before we updated the aagreementcontract, and i paid a ffurther£1000, as i understand it goes like this they told me if we applied for this other visa(not sure which one) with this guy it meant if for some reason we did not gel i could still stay in canada and find other employment, but this option would take a year to finalise thats the extra money i paid, please dont qoquotee on this i just went along with what ive been told hence paying for there expertise so if i sound vague its because i was caught up in the moment and everything was going well but things have slowed and its at the stage of will this happen at all? sorry to sound so boring but hey ,, cheers ian

Hmm well W&B are not allowed to charge you for finding employment for you. I assume you do not have any experience in a job on the list of 38? What about your Wife/Partner? 3500 pounds is a lot of money to have shelled out for nothing to happen.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Wirelessly posted (Nokia6300/2.0 (07.21) Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I dont think they where charging for that i think the extra was for citizenship i have a feelin they was preparing the paperwork for work permit and the full citizenship. I am currently single with no ties thats why i say my life is on hold. As i dont want to stay in jersey there is no point getting close to people. And yes it is a lot of money but at the time i was wrapped up in all the positive talk. But no one could forseen the downfall of the economy. Perhaps it as just been bad timing. And things will turn round. Mmm (positive thinking). We will see.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:11 pm

Wirelessly posted (Nokia6300/2.0 (07.21) Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I dont think they where charging for that i think the extra was for citizenship i have a feelin they was preparing the paperwork for work permit and the full citizenship. I am currently single with no ties thats why i say my life is on hold. As i dont want to stay in jersey there is no point getting close to people. And yes it is a lot of money but at the time i was wrapped up in all the positive talk. But no one could forseen the downfall of the economy. Perhaps it as just been bad timing. And things will turn round. Mmm (positive thinking). We will see.
It is still alot of money and they can't be charging you for Citizenship as you have to live in Canada for a certain amount of time with Permanent Residence before you can apply for Citizenship....

Good luck :0)
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:20 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

On the subject of Willis Brazalot......

I was recently recruiting for a position at the company I work for. (Not an electrician before you ask). One of the resumes I received was from a potentially well qualified Brit via Willis Brazalot i.e. they sent me his resume, albeit without contact details. (although it was easy enough to find him on linked in so I could have contacted him directly had I been minded too.) So they do something for their princely fee even if it's only scanning workopolis and careerbeacon, where this particular job was posted. Whether using WB to find jobs that are widely advertised is particularly good value is of course upto the punter in question.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

three12sox is an unknown quantity at this point

Hate to be the bearer of bad news you obviously havent checked the internet lately
Old Apr 6th 2010, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by three12sox
Hate to be the bearer of bad news you obviously havent checked the internet lately

About what? Going to google now...
Old Apr 6th 2010, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
About what? Going to google now...
Nope...not sure what you are on about?
Old Apr 7th 2010, 2:07 am
Just Joined

three12sox is an unknown quantity at this point

google willis brazolot news
Old Apr 7th 2010, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

We used WB to find out about our points then when they told us we had to pay £10,500 I thought - whatever they can do I can do myself so I did and it took my husband and I just 4 months to get his PR via the PNP route.

I found my hubby the job - just emailed a few companies he was very lucky that he got a reply the following day and 3 days later was given the job.

I wish you all the best and don't give up!...............but don't hand over any more money.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 6:12 am
Just Joined

Thanks all i as for money handed over my contract says i can get back 98% back of what Ive paid. How easy that is a guess. But is there any point in goin back to square 1 now the way i see it Ive gone this far and been in this position this long i might as well stick it out. Or do i ya see thats the problem. I take most of the blame here i presumed it would al be plane sailing paying a good company so arrange things but a lesson learned i suppose. 1 more thing. The job interviews in vancouver and summerland over a year ago all said they would like me to join them. Now the economy turned for the worse a month later. But is it ok o contact these direct i have there email or do i leave it up to wb its like going behind there backs no. Thanks again everyone. Ian
Old Apr 7th 2010, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Linzania is on a distinguished road

I would read about this too. Easy to find.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 7:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linzania
I would read about this too. Easy to find.
I'm clearly being very dense but I've Googled 'Willis Brazolot news' and can't find anything?! Can somebody post a link please?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.