Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada - The little things....

Canada - The little things....

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 6:09 pm
Stress Junkie

martyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud of
Default Re: Canada - The little things....

Originally Posted by Alex2201
Dirty B*****ds!!!!!
lmfao. i really should check my spelling more thoroughly.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 12:52 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

I love the houses with wrap around porches.
I like my laundry room and the fact that my washer and dryer are not in my kitchen
I love the sound of the pool filter in the summer, I fall asleep in a precarious position on the deck that surrounds my pool to that sound.

I love my ceiling fans and the mere fact that I need them
I love staring out over Grand Lake and marvelling at its beauty and its size and how warm it is.
I love the boardwalk at Melmerby Beach, with its clean washrooms, gentle sloping beach and warm water, how pretty it all is, how fresh and clean it feels.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 1:18 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
I like my laundry room and the fact that my washer and dryer are not in my kitchen
I love the sound of the pool filter in the summer, I fall asleep in a precarious position on the deck that surrounds my pool to that sound.

I love staring out over Grand Lake and marvelling at its beauty and its size and how warm it is.
I love the boardwalk at Melmerby Beach, with its clean washrooms, gentle sloping beach and warm water, how pretty it all is, how fresh and clean it feels.
I don't doubt your sincerity but this text, apparently from an advert for Fabreze, makes me crave Camden and its Trainspotting toilets.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 1:50 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon the houses go a long way to making up for the lack of other interesting looking buildings. I love cycling along, looking through the trees at all the different types. Porches. Sun rooms. Weird and wonderful shapes.
Heritage homes

Old Feb 23rd 2013, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

Mircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura about

Only been here a few months but here are a few things from me:
  • The mix of cultures and people
  • The people are nice and there is no where I have felt unsafe
  • Transfers on using public transport
  • How the snow is dealt with and the fact there are snow ploughs/blowers just for the sidewalk and bicycle lanes
  • Gym membership for 3 months is $65.50 and one month in UK was £43
  • The ability to price match between grocery stores has become a new past time!
  • Ceasars
  • Poutine
  • Street Meat
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 4:30 am
BEd Enthusiast

cjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mitz24
Only been here a few months but here are a few things from me:
  • Street Meat
Aparently around Yonge & Maitland or Church & Carlton are the places for that sort of thing around your way?..Nice to hear you're enjoying what the city has to offer.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 11:08 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't doubt your sincerity but this text, apparently from an advert for Fabreze, makes me crave Camden and its Trainspotting toilets.
Its not from any Febreze advert (cant stand that stuff), this is personal for me.... and it makes you crave toilets?? Why?
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 1:21 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Great list. Would love a wrap around porch myself, ditto pool, but would pass on the ceiling fans.

Is Grand Lake warm? Is this Nova Scotia, Canada? Is it very shallow or something?
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 2:13 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Its not from any Febreze advert (cant stand that stuff), this is personal for me.... and it makes you crave toilets?? Why?
I didn't think it was literally from an advert for a cleaning product. Rather that it was in the manner of an advert for a cleaning product "clean!" "fresh!" "shiny!" "new!" "expensive!". Like Jossie's posts, it speaks to the dreams of the Desperate Housewives; a peculiarly American vision of perfection. One might expect the Osmonds to live next door.

I don't literally want to plunge into the worst toilet in Scotland (and I know that Camden isn't in Scotland) but, to me, that vision suggests boredom and barbituates. I swing to the other extreme, wanting grit and excitement.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 2:35 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Great list. Would love a wrap around porch myself, ditto pool, but would pass on the ceiling fans.

Is Grand Lake warm? Is this Nova Scotia, Canada? Is it very shallow or something?
Like this one?
Attached Thumbnails Canada - The little things....-crashed_porsche.jpg  
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 3:32 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Like this one?
Ouch.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 3:35 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Today I like Canada, for the first time in a couple of weeks (my fault, mainly, not Canada's). The sun is shining, with a hard bright blinding light off the snow and it feels like spring might come and it's +3! I have dragged the salty door mats out into the garden and given them a good beating and I have spoken to a hundred passing people, and they've been really nice, and lots know me by name....and no I can't (yet) remember theirs! There is a spirit of inclusivity and community that is encouraging.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 5:35 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Today I like Canada, for the first time in a couple of weeks (my fault, mainly, not Canada's). The sun is shining, with a hard bright blinding light off the snow and it feels like spring might come and it's +3! I have dragged the salty door mats out into the garden and given them a good beating and I have spoken to a hundred passing people, and they've been really nice, and lots know me by name....and no I can't (yet) remember theirs! There is a spirit of inclusivity and community that is encouraging.
I still can't get over the fact you actually moved from France to Fredericton NS.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 11:12 am
Happy

Originally Posted by Shard

Yes Grand Lake gets very warm, its not shallow though....
Yes, this is Nova Scotia, Canada
Old Feb 24th 2013, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

in the woods will become famous soon enough

• The mix of cultures and people
[/QUOTE]

well if you came from London I would have thought it was one of the best places in the world for a mix of cultures it was when i lived there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.