Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

canada(alberta or brithish columbia)

canada(alberta or brithish columbia)

Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:39 am
Just Joined

emmanuel50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default canada(alberta or brithish columbia)

hi guys,
i am aqualified mental health nurse wanting to relocate to canada with my one year old son. can some one advice me if i should settel in alberta or bc. what about the job for mental health nurse opprotunities in both places. which place is better for me to get job easily as a mental health nurse. what about my son. i mean schools or day care or child care. what about the weather conditions. which place is more summer.
many thanks
Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:55 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: canada(alberta or brithish columbia)

Originally Posted by emmanuel50
hi guys,
i am aqualified mental health nurse wanting to relocate to canada with my one year old son. can some one advice me if i should settel in alberta or bc. what about the job for mental health nurse opprotunities in both places. which place is better for me to get job easily as a mental health nurse. what about my son. i mean schools or day care or child care. what about the weather conditions. which place is more summer.
many thanks
BC is nearly 4 times the size of the UK, Alberta is about 3 times the size of the UK so you may want to give a touch more info and what you want, like, expect, etc.

Out of curiosity, have you ever visited Canada before?

Which is more summer? Does this mean you're asking which has the warmer climate for the longest period of the year?
Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:12 am
Just Joined

yes asking which place has the warmer climate for the longest period of the year?
Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:40 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

yes asking which place has the warmer climate for the longest period of the year?
Well it all really depends where in BC or Alberta. Certain areas of BC have warmer and drier summers than others yet have long cold winters. Although i've never lived in Alberta, the climate there appears to differ yet generally the summers are warm yet winters a bloody cold for long periods of time.

I'm sure the experts will come along shortly and give you more of an insight from their personal experience but i think people will also need more info from you before they can really answer your main question for you.

So have you ever been to Canada before?
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Ikatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant future

Why don't you go to the wiki (blue bar, top of the page), you will find lots of information on possible immigration routes, on places, on geography.

Going to another country is a long process for most of us -- it usually takes at least a year of preparation.

How old are you?

How about your son's father? Is he going to allow the two of you to leave the country?
Old Apr 28th 2009, 4:40 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys,
many thanks
Generally your choices are:
BC-Lower Mainland (greater vancouver, frazer valley), Okanagan (Kelowna, Vernon, Kamloops etc), Columbia Valley (fernie up to Radium). Yes there are other areas but I think ops would be more limited.

AB-Lethbridge, Med Hat, Calgary thru Red Deer thru to Edmonton.

Now then if you want blue skies, proximity to mountains and LITTLE rain Calgary.
If you want dry and Arid and LOTS of Sunshine Med Hat
If you have a thing for Wind Lethbridge.
A Climate more similar to UK Lower Mainland.
I could go on forever with weather options.

Like other posters have said a few more details would help the respective experts give you a better 'reason' to hit their region.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys,
many thanks
I would strongly advise you to take courses in medical emergencies while you are still in UK. We deal with acting out behaviours resulting in medical emergencies on the unit. Most of the psych units here are medically based .
Good luck with your decision.
Yoong
Old Apr 28th 2009, 6:26 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

<puts head in an oven and closes the door repeatedly>
Old Apr 28th 2009, 6:44 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
<puts head in an oven and closes the door repeatedly>
OI

Play Nice.

If I can manage it so can you
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: cant find mental health nurse job in canada

hi guys,
do anyone konw about mental health nursing jobs in canada. i am very hot because i cant find any work in canada . if anyone can direct me, or know about job in this coutry i wll be very happy.many thanks