Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

can we take our wine

can we take our wine

Old Jan 25th 2010, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

rich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to all
Default can we take our wine

We are hoping to move later this year and were wondering if we can take all our booze with us, or if we are restricted by duty free allowances.

It will be one hell of a party if we need to drink it all before we go.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 9:16 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can we take our wine

You can bring it, but you'll have to pay duty.

When and where is the party please?
Old Jan 25th 2010, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

rich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to all

I was hoping to avoid the duty. Date to be confirmed, party somewhere in Newcastle (UK)
Old Jan 25th 2010, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

johngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nice

Drinks it!!

Make your own when you get there....
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:10 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rich07
I was hoping to avoid the duty. Date to be confirmed, party somewhere in Newcastle (UK)
Ah'll likely be in Toon in Awgust. Where's yer hoos?
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:55 pm
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute

I shipped Booze (spirits/wine) over with my goods & chattels back in 2001. They were dutifully listed on the inventory of the boxes and items shipped to me in Montreal.

When I took the paperwork into Customs they completely failed to see said items in the 3 nanoseconds they spent looking at the papers before handing me the release documents. No Duty and Job done.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light

We were told no liquids, so gave all our wine away before we left. But then we did arrive here via the States, so maybe Canada is less paranoid.