Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Can anyone HELP!!! Please

Can anyone HELP!!! Please

Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:29 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can anyone HELP!!! Please

Spent 4 hrs looking for 2 posts last night, that i've previously read in the last month, without any success finding them. Posts were about people that have gone over and done landing without proof of funds, and then had to return to sell house. Please if anyone else read them could you let me know. A million thanks Sans
Old Aug 31st 2006, 1:54 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone HELP!!! Please

Originally Posted by sans
Spent 4 hrs looking for 2 posts last night, that i've previously read in the last month, without any success finding them. Posts were about people that have gone over and done landing without proof of funds, and then had to return to sell house. Please if anyone else read them could you let me know. A million thanks Sans
Where are you coming to? Nobody asked us about funds at Calgary.

Here's one of the threads you were loking for....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+funds+landing

I just searched "proof of funds on landing" and selected Canada lifestyle, and Canada immigration forums. You get the whole list.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:20 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Where are you coming to? Nobody asked us about funds at Calgary.

Here's one of the threads you were loking for....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+funds+landing

I just searched "proof of funds on landing" and selected Canada lifestyle, and Canada immigration forums. You get the whole list.
Morwenna you have done it again i am going to buy you the biggest bottle of what ever you want, when i get over their and that is a promise We are flying in to Calgary on the 10th sept for 3 wks. That was one of the threads, sat till 2am this morning could'nt find the ones i knew i had seen. I know one of them was within another thread, ended up trying to go through them all, over the last 2 mths gave in at 2. posted thread last night in immigration forum only got one reply and it was'nt what i wanted to hear . Thankyou Sans
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:42 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

We are one of those people who have gone over and had no proof of funds as our house was/is our collateral. We had to return to England to sell out house, that was in May, we are still here waiting to sell. Our landing was quite smooth and had no hic ups.
If you need any further info then pm me

Kelly
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:49 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by kellydrew
We are one of those people who have gone over and had no proof of funds as our house was/is our collateral. We had to return to England to sell out house, that was in May, we are still here waiting to sell. Our landing was quite smooth and had no hic ups.
If you need any further info then pm me

Kelly
Thanks kelly
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:26 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Hi Sans

Like Morw, we landed in Calgary in March this year and weren't asked for proof of funds (but we had it with us just in case )

Also we weren't asked for the list of goods accompanying us only the goods to follow list.

HTH, Tanya
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:44 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
Hi Sans

Like Morw, we landed in Calgary in March this year and weren't asked for proof of funds (but we had it with us just in case )

Also we weren't asked for the list of goods accompanying us only the goods to follow list.

HTH, Tanya
Thanks for your reply Tanya, hope some others that are in the same fix pick up on all this, their seems to be alot of conflicting info. I for one am now looking for some permenant hair color, to cover the silver streaks
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:21 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks for your reply Tanya, hope some others that are in the same fix pick up on all this, their seems to be alot of conflicting info. I for one am now looking for some permenant hair color, to cover the silver streaks
People get "lucky" on secondary examination, you may wish to read:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/...enf/enf04e.pdf

"• confirm that the applicant, especially if in the independent category, has sufficient financial resources to support themselves and those dependent on them for care and support without the need for Adjustment Assistance Program (AAP), provincial social assistance benefits and that they do not come within the meaning of section A39. Persons who have been sponsored
or persons who have been issued visas as government-assisted refugees can generally be accepted as having adequate settlement arrangements that would not place them within the meaning of section A39. Every principal applicant should have in hand, $10,000 Canadian dollars plus $2000 for each family member. This includes cash, money orders and travellers’ cheques."

You see it is only London that will accept your house valuation as proof of settlement funds (contrary to the regualtions) so if you don't have settlement funds with you at "landing" you are taking a chance.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:41 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

I'm all tuckered out now.