Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

can anyone help

can anyone help

Old Mar 1st 2010, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

DandL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can anyone help

we did the points test on line at migration expert canada and passed.
we are now wanting to apply for migration and get the process started.

would anyone advise getting proffessional help with the application or not, and if so who is best to use.

also is there a job demand list still available.

any help would be really appreciated.

many thanks

D and L
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:02 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can anyone help

Welcome to BE. This comes up all the time.

In effect the Wiki area is the "FAQ" for this kind of thing.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...on_Consultants

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/THE_LIST-Canada

Have a read of the various wiki articles and the wealth of info in the old posts here, and then try and ask specific questions in order to get specific answers. A recent(ish) poll here had about 1 in 2 people hiring a consultant, but many of them figured they could have done it themselves with what they knew now. You still have to do most of the donkey work yourself (document gathering) even if you do hire a consultant. Worth it though if your case has complications (criminal or medical past), or you are a nervous type who want that peace of mind that everything has been done properly.

Last edited by iaink; Mar 1st 2010 at 9:06 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:02 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

hi, there is a list of 38 occupations in demand, take a look at the wiki in the blue bar at the top,choose Canada and quick immigration guide. This will tell you all you need to know.
Good luck!
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:04 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandL
we did the points test on line at migration expert canada and passed.
we are now wanting to apply for migration and get the process started.

would anyone advise getting proffessional help with the application or not, and if so who is best to use.

also is there a job demand list still available.

any help would be really appreciated.

many thanks

D and L
Personally I wouldnt use a consultant as its reasonably easy to do yourself, you will find loads of help on here also. Unless of course you application is complicated such as criminal record etc
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 8:31 am
BE gremlin

T-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Howefamily
Personally I wouldnt use a consultant as its reasonably easy to do yourself, you will find loads of help on here also. Unless of course you application is complicated such as criminal record etc
I would agree, I am using a consultant and while they are very helpful so are (most of) the posters on this site. Personally if I have discovered BE before I put in my application I would not have bothered hiring someone to do it for me.

Good luck with your application
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

DandL is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks very much for the advice and messages, much appreciated.

DandL