Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

...calling Stewart Mann

...calling Stewart Mann

Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Dis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: ...calling Stewart Mann

That's quite a difference from last week!

Today was about 16C.

My 1hr commute this morning was made a bit more interesting by thunderstorms, lightning and a good downpour (i can feel it...summers coming!). The M42 Car Park never looked so good!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:46 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dis-Illusionist
That's quite a difference from last week!

Today was about 16C.

My 1hr commute this morning was made a bit more interesting by thunderstorms, lightning and a good downpour (i can feel it...summers coming!). The M42 Car Park never looked so good!
The roads here are really bad...Always is after the snow melts. It just leaves 6 months worth of grit everywhere. Then there's the grand canyon size potholes on every corner. Ahh spring is here
Old Apr 15th 2009, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Dis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura about

Yeh, i did notice that about the roads when i was there. I saw on the news a few weeks ago a Flatbed going into a bathtub sized pothole! That would take some beating!

I definitely wouldn't have an expensive vehicle there...unless it was a 4X4. Dread to think what the long term effects would be on vehicle suspensions with the Winnipeg potholes.

They'd be better off leaving the roads as dirt tracks until they invent a road surface that can withstand extreme cold/hot weather patterns.

....come to think of it, doesn't concrete handle extremes better than tarmac?

.....cue road engineer....
Old Apr 15th 2009, 7:14 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh, i did notice that about the roads when i was there. I saw on the news a few weeks ago a Flatbed going into a bathtub sized pothole! That would take some beating!

I definitely wouldn't have an expensive vehicle there...unless it was a 4X4. Dread to think what the long term effects would be on vehicle suspensions with the Winnipeg potholes.

They'd be better off leaving the roads as dirt tracks until they invent a road surface that can withstand extreme cold/hot weather patterns.

No...
Old Apr 15th 2009, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Alot of roads are concrete - but they still fall apart!

with the subsidance that occurs in Winnipeg the pads of concrete get a bit uneven - there are some impressive ruts and cracks on academy at the moment.

I nearly brought a Morgan over with me - I'm glad I didnt it would have been shaken to bits. Its a shame you cant get citroens here!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

You should thank your lucky stars you haven't got Citroens.

From what i remember, Citroens did have good suspensions, it was the rest of it that was crap!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

You should thank your lucky stars you haven't got Citroens.

From what i remember, Citroens did have good suspensions, it was the rest of it that was crap!
I could take that personally, my great, great uncle Andre was very proud of his tin snail