Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Calgary - Looking To Recruit Bus Drivers From Britain

Calgary - Looking To Recruit Bus Drivers From Britain

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Calgary - Looking To Recruit Bus Drivers From Britain

Click on the link for more info;

Jim

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/...d30722&k=52843
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

mikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to all
Default Re: Calgary - Looking To Recruit Bus Drivers From Britain

I contacted Calgary transport a while back and i am still waiting to hear from them. I have even sent follow up emails. Are they the only bus company in Calgary?

Thanks for lookin'
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 2:48 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikey9863
I contacted Calgary transport a while back and i am still waiting to hear from them. I have even sent follow up emails. Are they the only bus company in Calgary?

Thanks for lookin'
Calgary Transit is "the" city owned and operated public transportation system. There are some private bus owners and operators but they are either charters or school buses.

Lastly there's Greyhound of Canada for long distance transportation.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 8:57 pm
swoops

swoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to all

Thanks for lookin'
Same here...I completed my on-line application back in Jan and still waiting..closing date was for the 28th of Feb..... http://www.calgarytransit.com/
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:38 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express

Jim

Did you also see this bit, on the same article????

The city is also looking for mid-career urban planners, who would likely come from the U.K. Out of a total of about 80 planning positions, the city is already short 15 to 16 staff and a number of retirements are projected in the next five years, said Stan Schwartzenberger, director of development and building approvals.

"We're feeling the stress," Schwartzenberger said Thursday.

[email protected]
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:03 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

My resume is being revised as we speak!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
My resume is being revised as we speak!
How's your job going? I have just started a new job in the UK. Moved back into DC until we are ready to move to Canada.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Jim

Just for the record......I'm an OTR Coach Driver, in the States (Married an American).

Good luck to anyone who applying for Calgary, though

Jim.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

mikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to all

Just for the record......I'm an OTR Coach Driver, in the States (Married an American).

Good luck to anyone who applying for Calgary, though

Jim.
Hi peeps

Bus Driver Update..

I have been in contact with the personnel Department at Calgary Transit. Spoke to a nice lady called Linda. She checked out my application and one of her colleagues emailed to tell me that i need a SIN number to gain employment. Went Back to Linda and asked if the would sponser me. Then i have just recieved and email from a guy called Dave (calgary transit) inviting me to at the expos in London and Leeds. He says that it would be better to attend and get the whole low down straight from the horses mouth.

SEE YOU ALL AT THE EXPO
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Hi peeps

Bus Driver Update..

I have been in contact with the personnel Department at Calgary Transit. Spoke to a nice lady called Linda. She checked out my application and one of her colleagues emailed to tell me that i need a SIN number to gain employment. Went Back to Linda and asked if the would sponser me. Then i have just recieved and email from a guy called Dave (calgary transit) inviting me to at the expos in London and Leeds. He says that it would be better to attend and get the whole low down straight from the horses mouth.

SEE YOU ALL AT THE EXPO

OC transpo in Ottawa also on the lookout for bus drivers.