Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hi - I'm new to this forum

Hi - I'm new to this forum

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

CanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really nice
Smile Hi - I'm new to this forum

Just wanted to introduce myself. My husband and I moved back to Canada from the UK in August 2007. We had been back in the UK - having moved to Canada independently many years previous - for 11 years. It took us a while to get back to canada but now that we are here, we are loving being here.

My main reason for being on this site is to connect with other Brits and get caught up with life in Canada. Things have changed quite a bit since we have been gone. All for the better mind you - but it is a bit daunting. We have also moved to an area that neither of us have lived before. We met out west - Vancouver - but I grew up in Ontario.

Looking forward to meeting people and hopefully having a bit of a laugh!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

starlight is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi - I'm new to this forum

Hello and welcome to the forum
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

CanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really niceCanBritPat is just really nice

Hi Starlight,

Thanks for the welcome - are you in Glasgow now? On the way to Canada? I have worked in Glasgow - well, Paisley actually. Quite interesting for me - couldn't much understand what anyone said!

Love Scotland and spent lots of time there working and visiting.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:14 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and Welcome to BE

There are lots of friendly people on here

Have fun!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

starlight is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CanBritPat
Hi Starlight,

Thanks for the welcome - are you in Glasgow now? On the way to Canada? I have worked in Glasgow - well, Paisley actually. Quite interesting for me - couldn't much understand what anyone said!

Love Scotland and spent lots of time there working and visiting.
Yes, Im still in Glasgow, and hopefully will reach Canada before I turn 80

I'm happy to hear your settling in, but I can imagine it's daunting too! I have found this a great forum to share your jokes, thoughts, problems and experiences in general.

Your comment made me chuckle - I know some Canadians have a hard time understanding what I say!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

Hi Starlight,

When are you planning to come to Canada and where are you going?

If there is anything I can do to help - I'm happy to do so. I was in Nova Scotia for the first time in September (my niece got married there) and I was quite blown away with how lovely it was and also how Scottish it was. Not called Nova Scotia for nothing!

There are so many communities in Canada that have British roots, my family for one! When we arrived in Toronto in the 50's we created our own little community within a community - definitely the whole x-pat thing. It was very fun and very supportive.

Looking forward to getting to know people.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Welcome to the mad house!

Been to Wasaga Beach once for a day trip - it poured down!

Good luck with everything.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the good wishes and I understand about it pouring in Wasaga. It hasn't been all too great here lately. In fact, we had flooding the other day. Looking forward to the sunshine and actually enjoying that we live on a beach!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 4:18 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Simply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really nice

Oh you lucky thing - Wasaga Beach is in my dreams............which can only come true when we get our PR. We were in Wasaga in February........the white outs were terrible but good fun, would swap it any day!!!!!

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

That's great - hope you get back here. It is a lovely community and very supportive. My husband and I are really enjoying it. Just getting our business going and meeting lots of people.

Yes, the weather can be a bit scary and whiteouts are no fun at all - but hey, when the sun shines like it is today and the ducks are out on the river - there is no place like it. We love it here and welcome anyone over here. It's a growing community and I believe very forward thinking. There is lots of change happening so I believe this means lots of opportunities.