bugs

Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bugs

Originally Posted by Souvenir
You don't need all these toxic chemicals like DEET to keep bugs away. Just smoke heavily. It works for me.
Me too, works well. Works on people too!

Talking of bugs, the ants are pretty ginormous here too. Plus we were warned that orange ladybirds sting or bite, but the red ones don't.

On the other hand, I saw my first firefly dance here.... beautiful!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:44 am
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

If they look like this:

..and they live in your yard, they could be eating your house...

Vicious house-eating Carpenter ants.

Originally Posted by geedee
Talking of bugs, the ants are pretty ginormous here too.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:31 am
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Is that actuall size???
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:34 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Was feeling itchy enough before that pic was posted now can't stop scratching!!!!!!

I am a mozzie magnet, still remember being bitten by one even though I had just covered myself head to toe in deep woods off and was just leaving my house. Walking down the path to the car and a mozzie landed on me and started feasting!

Was playing frisbee whilest waiting for the Canada Day fireworks last year on a hill over looking downtown Calgary. I spent more time swatting mozzies than playing and was covered in bites! Somehow got one on my butt even though I was wearing jeans! The bites here are much worse than the ones I used to get in the UK and I have to resort to antihistamines just to take the edge off the itch
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:44 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Littletashy
Is that actuall size???
No, that's 50% smaller than reality
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:03 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by R I C H
No, that's 50% smaller than reality

Do you think I could train one??? Would make an interesting pet